Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wade Black?

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
Rex
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:16 am

What's this guy been up to? Last thing I've gotten with him on is the Leash Law album. I dig this guys vocals and thought I'd ask if he's been on anything I'm not aware of.

I have:
Crimson Glory - Astronomica (friggin love this!)
Seven Witches - Xiled to Infinity and One
Leash Law - Dogface
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:19 am

I saw something on Blabbermouth about him a week or two ago... he's got something called "Tiwanaku" (not sure if I spelled that right) in the works with a couple of guys that used to be in Nocturnus. I have no idea what kind of music it is though.

BTW I frickin love Crimson Glory's ASTRONOMICA as well... wish they'd been able to keep it together past that one album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:39 am

He's got TIWANAKU and he had that band going with Pete Blakk from KING DIAMOND and Rick Renstrom from ROB ROCK's band. I think they were called DISASTERPEACE.

If you're a fan of his (like I am) make sure you buy LUCIAN BLAQUE - "Judgement: Insanity". Really good metal record. Kinda like JUDAS PRIEST with a bit of a 90s touch.

He also sang on that LEATHERWOLF album "World Asylum" but I only liked one song on it ("Behind the Gun"). That's a great song though.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:42 am

Sweet, thanks ToB!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:47 am

Found this
http://www.tiwanakuband.com/
http://www.myspace.com/disasterpeaceusa
http://www.lucianblaque.com
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:12 pm

I just saw that Leatherwolf re-released their last album with a different singer on it. Weird.
Back to top Go down

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Rex wrote:
I just saw that Leatherwolf re-released their last album with a different singer on it. Weird.

Yeah, their original singer. Wade Black didn't fit in that band, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Still seems kind of like a weird move to me, I mean, they just released it and then the next year put it out again with a different singer.

oh well, I guess that's what Iced Earth have planned too in some degree.

Wade and Owens should get together and hammer out a duet cd lol.
Back to top Go down

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Quote :
Wade and Owens should get together and hammer out a duet cd lol.

"Black Ripper"

Throw some artwork together, Rex. Let's get this project off the ground. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:39 pm

lol I'd jump on it!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Rex wrote:

I thought Wade's vocals sounded MUCH better than Michael's on what I heard of that album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Rex wrote:

I thought Wade's vocals sounded MUCH better than Michael's on what I heard of that album.

Yeah,I like Wades vocals better on that as well.He seems to have more character to his voice.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:56 pm

I couldnt stand this guy on the Crimson Glory album and it wasnt because Midnight was better just because his high voice (or yelling) was a little annoying to me. Does he sound better in the other bands?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I couldnt stand this guy on the Crimson Glory album and it wasnt because Midnight was better just because his high voice (or yelling) was a little annoying to me. Does he sound better in the other bands?

I've only heard the albums he did with Crimson Glory and Seven Witches; he sounds pretty much the same on both. Wicked high end! I'll admit that his Crimson Glory work took a little getting used to.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Wade has an awesome voice but CRIMSON GLORY probably should've hired Rick Mythaisin from STEEL PROPHET to do that album instead. I really like it anyway, but people who expected a clone of Midnight didn't get it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Astronomica was my first, and only, album by Crimson Glory, so I didn't have an preconceived ideas on what they should sound like, I guess that's why I was blown away by it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Rex wrote:
Astronomica was my first, and only, album by Crimson Glory, so I didn't have an preconceived ideas on what they should sound like, I guess that's why I was blown away by it.

Have you gotten any other Crimson Glory albums since? If not dont even bother getting Strange and Beautiful just stick with their S/T and Transcendance.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:42 am

Nope, I haven't gotten any more Crimson Glory since I found out Wade wasn't the singer for the other albums.
Back to top Go down

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:17 am

Rex wrote:
Nope, I haven't gotten any more Crimson Glory since I found out Wade wasn't the singer for the other albums.

Your mama should slap you for that statement.Wade Black? 382568
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:46 pm

lol!
yea, do yourself a favor and get the other crimson glory albums.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Wade has an awesome voice but CRIMSON GLORY probably should've hired Rick Mythaisin from STEEL PROPHET to do that album instead. I really like it anyway, but people who expected a clone of Midnight didn't get it.

Was Rick Mythiasin ever in the running to be Crimson Glory's singer? Cuz I agree, that would've been kinda cool.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I saw something on Blabbermouth about him a week or two ago... he's got something called "Tiwanaku" (not sure if I spelled that right) in the works with a couple of guys that used to be in Nocturnus. I have no idea what kind of music it is though.

BTW I frickin love Crimson Glory's ASTRONOMICA as well... wish they'd been able to keep it together past that one album.

I don;t actually own any crimson glory - I'll have to pick that one up!!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Was Rick Mythiasin ever in the running to be Crimson Glory's singer? Cuz I agree, that would've been kinda cool.

I don't know but he would've fit. They knew Wade from another local band which is why they picked him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wade Black? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wade Black?   Wade Black? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wade Black?
Page 1 of 1