Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

John Christ (Danzig)

Go down 
+3
Glower
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

John Christ (Danzig) Empty
PostSubject: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:22 am

Anyone have his one solo album from 2000? I think the music is great but the lyrics needed work and his vocals are not the greatest but overall it's pretty good. Check out the songs Slow Down and I'm Gone.

http://www.johnchrist.com/flesh.html
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:15 am

I have this. Just listened to it a few weeks ago as a matter of fact. I never had a problem with the lyrics or vocals. Sure, not the greatest, but pretty good. I was a huge Danzig fan, but when John and the other "original" members left, I felt it changed the dynamic of the band and just became a Glenn solo project. Anyone know what John is up to these days? He's been MIA since this came out.

Stupid fact that noone will care about: When this album came out, you could only order it direct from his website. Way back in '00, ordering anything online was still new and scary to me. This was the 1st cd I ever ordered on-line. And it's been a downward spiral since then.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:22 am

I think i ordered it snail mail.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2022 11:18 am

Interesting interview.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 12:53 am

Good interview!

John Christ is a cool guy. I always liked his playing in Danzig. Glenn made a big mistake dismissing him.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 4:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Good interview!

John Christ is a cool guy. I always liked his playing in Danzig. Glenn made a big mistake dismissing him.

I agree! The band was never the same after that classic lineup left.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2022 11:25 pm

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Good interview!

I agree! The band was never the same after that classic lineup left.

Maybe, but I Luciferi, Circle of Snakes, & Deth Red Sabaoth were fantastic albums.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2022 7:04 am

Here’s the follow up interview “part 2”.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2022 8:52 am

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2022 10:31 am

That song rocks ! I thought they’d have an album.
Just spent 2 1/2 hours on YouTube searching up DANGIG stuff.
The weirdness of Glenn’s houses and cars and ideology.
I even listened to that MISFITS album “ Earth A.d “ his beginnings.
This clip is cool - Christ did it near Christmas time. 30 years from the release.
Cant believe that’s his real last name though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2022 4:36 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2023 2:00 pm

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-danzig-guitarist-john-christ-wanted-kirk-hammetts-job-in-metallica
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 2:05 pm

Last I heard (which was admittedly quite some time ago) he couldn't play the guitar anymore. Good to see that's no longer the case, he was always one of my favorites in the early to mid 90s.

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 5:18 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Last I heard (which was admittedly quite some time ago) he couldn't play the guitar anymore. Good to see that's no longer the case, he was always one of my favorites in the early to mid 90s.

He recently played a show in Kentucky IIRC.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 5:24 pm

To this day, I still get this guy confused with Tommy Christ (Ludichrist/Scatterbrain). Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Christ (Danzig)   John Christ (Danzig) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Christ (Danzig)
Page 1 of 1