Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc

Go down 
+5
Shiney
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
Olafsto
rattpoison
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc   A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Did someone say Steve Earle? So I don't have to hide that I love Copperhead Road and crank it up when my wife plays it?

How about Social Distortion? More on the punk side but they added some rockabilly, even covering Johnny Cash.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc   A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:36 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Did someone say Steve Earle? So I don't have to hide that I love Copperhead Road and crank it up when my wife plays it?

How about Social Distortion? More on the punk side but they added some rockabilly, even covering Johnny Cash.

Social Distortion a great f**king band and yes they have a strong rockabilly influence, and Steve Earle is a great songwriter, and way have derailed his own career with his politically fused albums that last few years, but I don't care I still consider him a great songwriter.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc   A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:01 am

TheNazgul wrote:

I like Social D and also have Copperhead Road so no hiding necessary on that front.

PostSubject: Re: A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc   A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:06 pm

A kind of interesting story about Social D. I now live beyond the sticks working at a troubled youth ranch. The wife and I went for lunch at this little restaurant/pub and they had one of those satellite jukeboxes and it had Ring Of Fire by SD so I played it. A couple people wanted to know who was messing up that song. Guess you can't interpret JC out here.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc   A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:07 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
A kind of interesting story about Social D. I now live beyond the sticks working at a troubled youth ranch. The wife and I went for lunch at this little restaurant/pub and they had one of those satellite jukeboxes and it had Ring Of Fire by SD so I played it. A couple people wanted to know who was messing up that song. Guess you can't interpret JC out here.

lol!

I love their version of RoF.

BTW, the Mike Ness solo stuff I've heard is really countrified.

PostSubject: Re: A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc   A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bit Of An 80's Roots Rock thread feat. various Dels, Scorchers, Ryders, Johnnys, Farmers etc
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3