Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shockmachine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Shockmachine Empty
PostSubject: Shockmachine   Shockmachine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Shockmachine Shockmachine01

This was a Markus Großkopf's side project and I understand many people did not like this album. Like I do with all my CDs I see if Ult and Kmorg has them and read their reviews. Ult had it but didn't think too much of it (he didn't hate it but he felt lukewarm toward it). While I tend to agree with Ult 80-85% of the time, I hear this album differently. The vocals are pretty damn good, the guitar solos are tight and the bass playing is emaculate (this being Markus, that is pretty much a given) and my favoirte aspect of the music. Anybody else around here know of this album and actually enjoy it?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Shockmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shockmachine   Shockmachine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Forgot to mention how I came accross it (as I usally do when I start a post on an album):

I was skimming through the buy one get one for $4.95 at my usual used CD store and came accross it. Wasn't sure I was going to get it and was going to listen to it first but I noticed Markus in the band photo and knew I had to get it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Shockmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shockmachine   Shockmachine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Didnt I put one of their songs on one of the compilations I gave you? Maybe I didnt but yea of course I heard of them because its another Helloween related project haha. I thought the album was pretty cool. The singer is a little rough but you just have to get used to it kinda like Grave Digger or even Accept. It was the only album they made but it was a good one.

Shockmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shockmachine   Shockmachine Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:18 pm

One listen and I threw it in the trade pile years ago. It's still there!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Shockmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shockmachine   Shockmachine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
One listen and I threw it in the trade pile years ago. It's still there!

No suprise there Uncle Sax. I wouldn't think it'd be your cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shockmachine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shockmachine   Shockmachine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shockmachine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: