Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Empty
PostSubject: Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW   Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:40 pm

I was watching "I won't back down" video clip by Tom Petty with the members of Traveling Wilburys and I thought I saw Brian May from Queen as a guest guitarist in the video of the song. If not who is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW   Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Do you have a link to the video you were watching?

My guess is that it's either Jeff Lynne or Mike Campbell...they both look quite similar to Brian May.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW   Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:16 pm

I am pretty sure it is ELO front man Jeff Lynne as he was a constant songwriting contributor to Petty's albums in the 1980's.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW   Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I am pretty sure it is ELO front man Jeff Lynne as he was a constant songwriting contributor to Petty's albums in the 1980's.

I also think he was the producer to that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW   Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:20 pm

manny wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Lynne produced Full Moon Fever, Into The Great Wide Open and all the Traveling Wilburys albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW   Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:49 am

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Lynne produced Full Moon Fever, Into The Great Wide Open and all the Traveling Wilburys albums.

And he's go that bitchin' white-man 'fro. If I were to guess, though, I'd say it was probably Mike Campbell. He's has more than a passing resemblence to Mr. May.

PostSubject: Re: Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW   Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:04 am

Mike Campbell is also one seriously underrated guitarist...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW   Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:14 pm

I looked up the video and the answer to your question is "NO, it is not Brian May". That's Mike Campbell, along with Jeff Lynne, George Harrison and Ringo Starr.

If I was smarter, I'd link the video here to back up my claim. Of course, if I was smarter I'd probably be doing lots of other things than wasting my time here. crazy happy

PostSubject: Re: Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW   Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Brian May guitarist in the song I won't back down by Tom Petty/TW
Page 1 of 1