Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believer/Crucified band input

Go down 
+6
mc666
Troublezone
powermacho
ultmetal
Stender
mez
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Believer/Crucified band input Empty
PostSubject: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:59 am

I recall both these bands being pretty impressive back in the late 80's or was it the early 90's. I never owned any of their material but my friend had their albums and I recall really liking them.

I think I just recently saw some news that both bands are putting out new albums this year, can anyone confirm this?

Also are both bands worth picking up the older stuff? I think I read that Crucified is putting out a remastered box set of the first two albums sometime this year so I will wait for that if that is true. However I think Believer was remastered sometime this millennium.

What are your thoughts on either bands albums they put out, any where I should start?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Check the believer news thread here for info on their new album. If you have never heard them before I would recomend either Extraction from mortality or Sanity obscure.

Not really tracking with the Crucified lately so I dont know, but either the s/t or pillars of humanity are great. Nailed/pick up your cross is straight punk, but still really rad.

Last edited by Stender on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:00 pm

I read that the Crucified were performing at Cornerstone. Have not read they were recording anything new.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:53 pm

BELIEVER releases first single off upcoming release Gabriel!

Believer/Crucified band input Gabriel_insert_FL_700

You asked for it!

In
honor of the upcoming release Gabriel, Pennsylvania based thrashers
BELIEVER are releasing the track Focused Lethality via the band's
MySpace page. The highly anticipated release Gabriel will be available
everywhere March 17th, 2009 through Cesspool Recordings /Metal Blade
Records.

"Focused Lethality was really a return to our
straight-ahead thrash style. We had a great time writing this one and
playing it live really brings the energy level up a notch. We think
fans of our early work will sink their teeth into this one" states
guitarist/vocalist Kurt Bachman."

www.myspace.com/believerband
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:06 pm

That new song smokes! It reminds me of Kreator.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:08 pm

I am looking forward to the new Believer and the Crucified remasters. I was a big fan of both in the 90's. The Crucified was actually one of my favorite bands for a long time.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:37 pm

the Crucified was ok, but Believer was fantastic. looking forward to their new one.

stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 pm

It is absolutely impossible to go wrong with anything ever put out by either of those bands, with the exception of Believer's demotape. That's not easy to find, so pretty much anything you can get your hands on is among the best stuff ever put out by anyone.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 1:11 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
It is absolutely impossible to go wrong with anything ever put out by either of those bands, with the exception of Believer's demotape. That's not easy to find, so pretty much anything you can get your hands on is among the best stuff ever put out by anyone.

Except Dimensions by Believer, I really cant get into that album like the others no matter how hard I try. Its not bad, but I definately dont find myself listening to it like 3 times in a row like EFM or SO.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Stender wrote:
Except Dimensions by Believer, I really cant get into that album like the others no matter how hard I try. Its not bad, but I definately dont find myself listening to it like 3 times in a row like EFM or SO.

I can understand your position on that album. Good album, but nothing like the first two. Point granted.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Troublezone wrote:
That new song smokes! It reminds me of Kreator.

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 pm

ahhhh! hear the soothing sounds as it rushes through my ears and disturbing the grey matter as I nod my head violently to and fro.
Back to top Go down
http://www.therefineryrock.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:51 pm

I really need to get some Believer albums (I do have Dimensions and I love it but I understand most don't care much for it) so the re-issues are something for me to look forward to. I have The Crucified's s/t album and like it enough but unless I find something at Mardel or a used CD store, I'm not going to persue them too hard.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Believer/Crucified band input   Believer/Crucified band input Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believer/Crucified band input
Page 1 of 1