Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

suicdal tendencies

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
exact33
Troublezone
7thSecond
Am I Evil?
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Any one like them?They kinnda fall under metal now cause they're crossover thrash
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:42 pm

I have the following albums so I guess you could say I like'em:

Suicidal Tendencies
Join the Army
How Will I laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today
Controlled by Hatred/Feel Like smurf poo...Deja Vu
Lights... Camera... Revolution
The Art of Rebellion
Freedumb

I definitely still love the first album the most and will always consider them a hardcore punk band. Actually Freedumb is pretty much hardcore as well. Their metalish stuff is pretty dang good though. On a related note does anyone have the new remastered version of the s/t album? I've always thought it sounded fine the way it is but am curious as to how different it sounds.

P.S. That might even be a Won't Fall in Love Today shirt I'm wearing in my avatar pic.

Last edited by 7thSecond on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:
Any one like them?They kinnda fall under metal now cause they're crossover thrash
http://www.heartofmetal.net/search.forum?search_keywords=suicidal&show_results=topics
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:25 am

Quote :
On a related note does anyone have the new remastered version of the s/t album? I've always thought it sounded fine the way it is but am curious as to how different it sounds.

I have it. The Bass and drums sound better the rest is pretty much the same.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:16 am

Lights Camera Rev is my favorite!!

Alex

Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:38 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
On a related note does anyone have the new remastered version of the s/t album? I've always thought it sounded fine the way it is but am curious as to how different it sounds.

The bass couldn't get better,I mean it sounded perfect.

My favorite song is I saw your mommy
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Being as I bought the self titled album when it was brand new and have always thought it sounded fine I've passed on getting this many times. If I was just getting into the band I might go for the remastered version but I want this album to sound like it did the day I first bought it. Now I might be tempted to get a remastered version of Join the Army as I've always thought that one sounded kind of weak.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:59 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Now I might be tempted to get a remastered version of Join the Army as I've always thought that one sounded kind of weak.

Yea, the production on JOIN THE ARMY is godawful. The first copy of that I owned years ago was a used cassette, and I always assumed that the lousy sound quality was because I bought it used and it was probably well beaten up before I got it. Years later when I finally heard it on CD I was like, "Wow, nope, I guess it really did sound that bad all along."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:03 pm

i've liked everything they've put out but prefer the thrash era of HWILTWICEST through Suicidal For Life.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:55 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Better as in louder in the mix. I have the original too and both ar good. The remastered one also has new unreleased band photos as well.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
Now I might be tempted to get a remastered version of Join the Army as I've always thought that one sounded kind of weak.

Yea, the production on JOIN THE ARMY is godawful. The first copy of that I owned years ago was a used cassette, and I always assumed that the lousy sound quality was because I bought it used and it was probably well beaten up before I got it. Years later when I finally heard it on CD I was like, "Wow, nope, I guess it really did sound that bad all along."

Blame the one bad ear of one Mr. Les Claypool for that one. lol!

Didn't someone mention something about a new album from ST coming soon?

Love this band and have been a fan for many many years . I remember when How Can I Laugh came out and my mom told me I could not get that album. Of course I went ahead and got it as soon as I could. lol! Haven't really listened to them in a long time so I need to remedy that situation right now.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:34 pm

chucksteak wrote:

Die.

just kidding well, sort of.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Schbopo wrote:
chucksteak wrote:

Die.

just kidding well, sort of.

I kid! I kid! BUt he would be responsbile now wouldn't he? I love Les don't get me wrong. Although I really haven't followed him since the Primus days.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 pm

chucksteak wrote:

Blame the one bad ear of one Mr. Les Claypool for that one. lol! .

Did Les Claypool produce the JOIN THE ARMY album? Didn't know that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Les engineered it, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:05 pm

He's credited as Lester...I'm pretty sure there is only one Lester Claypool in rock music. I wonder how the hooked up in the first place? I wonder why he didn't do any guest appearances on later albums since they are into that funk slap bass style in their music.
Back to top Go down

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:48 am

chucksteak wrote:

BUt he would be responsbile now wouldn't he?

They probably didn't have much of a budget for that, probably a crappy studio, cheap mics, etc. At least that would be my guess.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 am

Solid band. I never thought though that people would start labeling them metal??
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:20 am

Gilbert wrote:
Solid band. I never thought though that people would start labeling them metal??
i definitely do. listen to How Will I Laugh Tomorrow... Lights, Camera, Revolution, Art of Rebellion, & Suicidal For Life... that's crossover thrash baby.

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:04 am

You called Gil, "baby". hahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:30 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
You called Gil, "baby". hahahahahahahahahahaha
it's a Dick Vitale phrase, baby.

7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I don't think any of us who were actually there when the first album came out and saw how much the metalheads hated this band would've. Same with D.R.I. after Dealing With It! Both bands are still hardcore at heart though.
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:17 am

Gilbert wrote:
The new stuff is metal.I still love they're hardcore years the best,Mike isn't a singer he needed to stay hardcore shouter.
I never got crossover trash it's a cross over of a cross over
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Am I Evil? wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
The new stuff is metal.
Actually their last two albums have been hardcore/punk.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Quote :
Actually their last two albums have been hardcore/punk.

It's punk but not hardcore and there are a lot of funk bass parts thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

suicdal tendencies Empty
PostSubject: Re: suicdal tendencies   suicdal tendencies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

suicdal tendencies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: