Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beck and Clapton

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:24 pm

What a great combination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hMDEdH8-5s
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Yardbird graduates. Cool! I just got the Beck, Bogert & Appice CD from Sax this weekend. I haven't listened to that for a good 30 years and I'm really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:26 am

legends.......

more younger people today need to recognize just where rock's roots came from.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:03 pm

stepcousin wrote:
legends.......

Yep, i'm not that old but i know when i hear the good stuff.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:25 pm

The Yardbirds are mind blowing, incredible band. Cream, Blind Faith and the Jeff Beck Group are all great stuff...........but let's face it these guys have been coasting for the last 30 odd years. Dopey blues covers and guest musician status. Kinda sad really.
Back to top Go down

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:27 pm

rattpoison wrote:
The Yardbirds are mind blowing, incredible band. Cream, Blind Faith and the Jeff Beck Group are all great stuff...........but let's face it these guys have been coasting for the last 30 odd years. Dopey blues covers and guest musician status. Kinda sad really.

Don't forget The Stones. They're driving the slow boat to mediocrity. Clapton and Beck are just passengers.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:46 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Don't forget The Stones. They're driving the slow boat to mediocrity. Clapton and Beck are just passengers.

Yeah but at least i can enjoy something about the RS's recent albums, i thought Bigger Bang was great.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:43 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Dude I thoughtly disagree the Stones still make great albums, 'A Bigger Bang' was a great rock n roll, and Jeff Beck is still stretching his creative juices, his last album 'Jeff' was a great album featuring some of his most imaginative playing. Clapton I am afaird has coasted on his rep the last few years but I have alot of respect for the man.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:02 pm

Beck has a rep for being creative, Clapton is known for sticking to the blues.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue May 18, 2021 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Beck and Clapton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beck and Clapton   Beck and Clapton Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:57 am

stepcousin wrote:

Which means they need to listen to the following:

Leadbelly
Son House
Louis Jordan
Charlie Christian
T-Bone Walker
Lightnin' Hopkins
Howlin' Wolf
Muddy Waters
Ray Charles
B.B. King
Chuck Berry