Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Email has been hacked

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

My Email has been hacked Empty
PostSubject: My Email has been hacked   My Email has been hacked Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 9:28 pm

Someone has emailed me, and said when they emailed my heathinjersey email they received and email stating I was Godswizardisasheep. This really disturbs me. Is it possible for someone to be in my email and I did not know it? I am really, really bothered by this and really feel violated. I had emails from my family, girlfriends, personal work emails in there. I had deleted the account, because it was destroyed by spam emails, I am not sure what to do now? I was thinking about seeing my JAG on my base tomorrow. I used the same password for everything, and a while back my Ebay was hacked. This would mean this person was in all of my accounts. Anyone have any advice, this really disturbs me
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: My Email has been hacked   My Email has been hacked Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 10:37 pm

That sucks dude. The only thing I can think of is to maybe change your password(s) to something totally outrageous, something that you know but nobody else has any idea of like a movie title or something, for example : Back to the Future, but have your password be BTTF. Or something, I don't know scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My Email has been hacked   My Email has been hacked Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 11:43 am

it is so very easy to get into another persons account. all you need is a simple bruteforcing tools like jtr & AD, a few untraceable proxies, & some solid wordlists. they could be in your account, reading & writing & you not even be aware of it.

if you want to protect your password, try using ascii characters in it.

PostSubject: Re: My Email has been hacked   My Email has been hacked Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 3:04 pm

Only one person has come forward and told me they recieved an email. Not sure if anything else was done or not, I delted the email, so there is not much that can really be done. I went today and made all my passwords harder, and updated secret questions. Not sure what everything you listed is mc666, but I know nowadays no account is safe, if a hacker wants in. Really bothers me most is how violated I feel. I wonder the most what else was done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Email has been hacked   My Email has been hacked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Email has been hacked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: