Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music

Go down 
+5
ultmetal
kmorg
manny
GrandNational
opengraverecords
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music   VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:38 pm

I LOVE VENIA!!!!!!! I have their Genesis Demo and was hooked Ive heard stuff from In Our Weakness and its good stuff too, thats awesome news they are coming out with another album and that they got signed.

Ive known Viktor from the Old Deliverance board, he would post instrumentals he did whether just messing around (I think this was before Venia formed) and they just were awesome.. Im gonna check the samples out i bet they rule!

Checked the samples out and i love what I hear.... if i can Im gonna get this when it comes out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music   VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Just for the record, no harm intended, I was just joking around...sorry if it offended anyone.

I also listened to some of the song samples and stand by my thought that the album cover does NOT fit the music at all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music   VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:28 pm

As a "Venia Virgin" (as in 'never heard the band'), that album cover would kill any chance of me picking it up on a whim.

At any price.

Between the unreadable logo and the cheesy artwork, I'd never give it a shot in a store. IMO, album art can go a long way in determining whether a person gives a band a chance or not. Especially someone who buys as many CDs as I do. That cover would definitely make me pass over this band without giving them a listen.

Sorry but that's just how it is and just my opinion.

PostSubject: Re: VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music   VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
As a "Venia Virgin" (as in 'never heard the band'), that album cover would kill any chance of me picking it up on a whim.

At any price.

Between the unreadable logo and the cheesy artwork, I'd never give it a shot in a store. IMO, album art can go a long way in determining whether a person gives a band a chance or not. Especially someone who buys as many CDs as I do. That cover would definitely make me pass over this band without giving them a listen.

Sorry but that's just how it is and just my opinion.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music   VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Come on guys. Cut him some slack. James is not spamming. He's been here before. Many of us know him from this board and from others. He doesn't post here a lot, but I have no problem with him promoting his bands here.

With 12 posts [now 14 due to retorts] and 3 or 4 of them pimping bands, that is 25-33% spam. Not sure anyone else would be allowed to do that in the Heart of Metal room. I say that would be a sales pitch left better in the 'Market.

And I agree that that art is very unenjoyable. If I saw that in a store or on a site, I would just assume the music is as poor as the juvenile cover would indicate and would not give it another thought. Just reality here James.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music   VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VENIA (FINLAND) signs with Open Grave / NePlusUltra Music
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2