Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RPWL - ever hear of them?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

RPWL - ever hear of them? Empty
PostSubject: RPWL - ever hear of them?   RPWL - ever hear of them? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Just curious if anyone else here listens to RPWL. They are a band I recently found that I must say I really like. They are a German band who started out as a Pink Floyd cover band, but eventually decided to start making their own music. I will say it is heavily Floyd influenced, but they also pull off a Porcupine Tree sound. I mean it is a great mix.

Check em out if your a fan of Porcupine Tree (which to me is one of the best bands going today).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RPWL - ever hear of them?   RPWL - ever hear of them? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:00 pm

mez wrote:
Just curious if anyone else here listens to RPWL. They are a band I recently found that I must say I really like. They are a German band who started out as a Pink Floyd cover band, but eventually decided to start making their own music. I will say it is heavily Floyd influenced, but they also pull off a Porcupine Tree sound. I mean it is a great mix.

Check em out if your a fan of Porcupine Tree (which to me is one of the best bands going today).

I recently started getting into Porcupine tree thanks to my brother-in-law, so these guys might be up my alley. Got a website or myspace for these guys?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: RPWL - ever hear of them?   RPWL - ever hear of them? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:06 pm

http://www.rpwl.net/

http://www.myspace.com/rpwl

Oh I think Porcupine Tree is amazing, RPWL has a similar feel to PT, but the keyboard & guitar work are much closer to a PF sound. I would call this band an underdog to the two influences I mention, but definate quality that should not be ignored.

Hope you like them, I have 2 albums and dig them a bunch, good for the more mellow side mood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPWL - ever hear of them?   RPWL - ever hear of them? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPWL - ever hear of them?
Page 1 of 1