Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grave digger: which albums to pick up?

Go down 
+8
ultmetal
ghost
iamrockerfun
Wargod
DallasBlack
exact33
INVADERS
Gilbert
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Empty
PostSubject: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:36 am

I'm really interested in discovering more about grave digger's music: being the speed metal fan that i am, which 5 albums should i consider picking up? Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:41 am

In no particular order:

Heart of Darkness
The Grave Digger
Rheingold
The Reaper
Excalibur

The Grave Digger is my personal fav...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 am

No love for "Heavy Metal Breakdown"?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 am

My favs in order:

1. Tunes of War
2. Knights of the Cross
3. The Grave Digger
4. Heart of Darkness
5. Heavy Metal Breakdown

Alex

INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:59 am

detuned wrote:
No love for "Heavy Metal Breakdown"?

I like all of grave digger's album, just those are the ones i listen to the most. in fact, i haven't listened to heavy metal breakdown for years. i'll have to revisit it tonight when i get in from work...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Heart of Darkness
Knights of the Cross
The Reaper
Excalibur
Rheingold
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:04 pm

actually, their new album is awesome.
first album with dual guitars and it is excellent.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:47 pm

I can't give any advise being a newbie to this band. I first got 25 To Live to get a smaple of their catalog and got Libery Or Death because it was a new release in 2007. I have decided to work backwards through their catalog plus any new releases during that time (i.e. I will get the new one when it's released in the U.S.).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:42 pm

The new is one of thier best in years!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:01 am

highes priority is album Grave Digger 2001
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Grave Digger and Excalibur are my favorites but they're all worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:28 am

I saw them last Saturday live. Awesome show with Alestorm as support.

As some said before, Ballads of a Hangman is excellent! I can also recommend the middle age trilogy (Tunes of War, Knights of the Cross, Excalibur).

IMHO you can't go wrong with any Grave Digger.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Listening to the U.S. version of Heavy Metal Breakdown on vinyl. Forgot how great this record is.

Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:44 pm

GREAT!!!! to see some love for the old Digger. IMHO you can't go wrong with any of their albums. Like DallasBlack said man, get 25 to Live that gives you a taste of their whole career. The new album is simply awesome
🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:58 am

I'm looking forward to buying their newest release. Nothing but positive reviews.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
Listening to the U.S. version of Heavy Metal Breakdown on vinyl. Forgot how great this record is.

The song "Head Banging Man" ended up on many of my metal mix tapes back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:12 am

Tremendous Heavy Metal love song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 11:37 am

The only Grave Digger I own is Heavy Metal Breakdown, which my brother had on vinyl when we were kids and we both liked a lot.  

I hadn't heard it in ages, till Noise reissued it a couple of years ago (in a "deluxe" version with all the tracks from both the U.S. and European editions on it) so I grabbed it for nostalgia's sake.

The vocals are an acquired taste, but otherwise it's still a fun listen - cool, cheesy Germanic '80s power/speed metal.

Aside from H.M.B., the only other Grave Digger I've ever heard was a cover of "We Rock" on the Holy Dio tribute album from the early '00s, and hoo-boy, the vocals certainly had NOT improved with time, the dude sounded like a friggin' sick Muppet. Based on that, I chose to stick to H.M.B. and not explore any more of their catalog.  Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 2:54 pm

The only one I have on CD is Tunes of War. I bought it because of Rebellion (The Clans Are Marching), but it's a fine album as a whole. I've listened to a few others but nothing stuck. Maybe that one with the duck on the cover, because it was so different.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2022 3:48 pm

Such an old topic. I now own their entire discography, including singles, concerts, compilations and Dvds.

These guys are so consistent and it's hard to keep up with their releases. They are already working on a new album headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 2:28 pm

I own their discography for albums, eps, live albums and most of the comps. GD are one of those band I need to have every song

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 3:01 am

exact33 wrote:

I own their discography for albums, eps, live albums and most of the comps. GD are one of those band I need to have every song

Total blind purchase for me as well headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grave digger: which albums to pick up?   Grave digger: which albums to pick up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grave digger: which albums to pick up?
Page 1 of 1