Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halcyon Way.

Go down 
+2
metalken
GrandNational
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Have you heard this? Sort of a cross of thrash with progressive metal and the singer is very strong.

http://www.myspace.com/halcyonway
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:46 pm

I thought this band was going to be signed by Bombworks. Decent stuff, nothing out of the ordinary.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:47 pm

GrandNational wrote:
I thought this band was going to be signed by Bombworks. Decent stuff, nothing out of the ordinary.

I disagree with the last part of your post. I really like what they did on this disc and feel that it has a feel unlike others in the genre and the nightmare label. Gets many plays around my house. Each to their own I guess. Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:44 am

metalken wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

I disagree with the last part of your post. I really like what they did on this disc and feel that it has a feel unlike others in the genre and the nightmare label. Gets many plays around my house. Each to their own I guess. Smile

It just didn't grab me from what I heard online. Maybe if I had the album, I might have a different opinion.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:26 pm

I have their song 'Blind Eyes' from a sampler I got at ProgPower UK 2007. A very enjoyable song with fantastic vocals, but for some reason I never really looked in to the band further. I should really rectify that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:57 pm

gotta go with grand national, sounds ordinary
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:26 pm

I LOVE Halcyon Way! Of course, I am a homer and biased as all get out, at that! D'OH!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:39 pm

Their latest album is pretty good. I don't have the previous works to compare, but I'd say they have a very promising future if they continue to play at the caliber they did on the latest album. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:41 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Their latest album is pretty good. I don't have the previous works to compare, but I'd say they have a very promising future if they continue to play at the caliber they did on the latest album. Good stuff!
I gave it a 10/10 and I'm getting to know the band members personally. These guys have got to be seen live in person to be truly believed. What a great bunch of talented musicians! 🤘
Back to top Go down

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:36 am

I'm listening to Manifesto For Domination now...boring. Sounds like a Hard Rock band you'd hear on the radio blended with a tiny bit of Melodic Metal...comes off very shallow and fake sounding.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Oh well, I still love these guys and can't wait to witness them again live!
Back to top Go down

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:56 pm

To each their own, I guess...listened to it for a second time seeing if it'd come alive a little...it got worse...I had to struggle to sit through most of it without hitting "Skip" on my iPod...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halcyon Way. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way.   Halcyon Way. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halcyon Way.
Page 1 of 1