Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have Destruction over stepped the line ?

Go down 
+3
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Stender
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Empty
PostSubject: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Taken from another forum :

Quote :
German thrashers DESTRUCTION have cancelled their appearance at the "Chris Witchhunter Tribute Concert", which is scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 11, 2009 at Turbinenhalle in Oberhausen, Germany. The event will honor late SODOM drummer Chris Dudek (a.k.a. Witchhunter) and will feature performances by SODOM, TANKARD and ASSASSIN, among many others.

According to a posting on the SODOM MySpace page, DESTRUCTION vocalist/bassist Marcel "Schmier" Schirmer wasn't "satisfied with the flyer and poster design [see below]. Regrettably, this discontent had also been discussed on the DESTRUCTION message board and thereby word spread to other forums too. Via e-mail, Schmier let us know that he doesn't want to be 'a support act' with DESTRUCTION and that we 'are supposed to look for someone else!' instead. We regret their decision. There will be a replacement for DESTRUCTION, which we're going to introduce next Monday, January 19th, 2009!

Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Sodom_10

Don't know, it seem unbelievable really, I'm sure that Schmier management will come up with some great excuses for this one the shite really starts to fly.

Fair line up too for 35euro/$50.

R.I.P. Chris.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Destruction should have broken up sometime around Cracked Brain....has beens (almost never were).
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:50 pm

That has to be the dumbest reason to drop a show. Regardless though, RIP Chris Dudek.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Theres more to the story....

"To cut down rumors about the cancellation of the Chris Witchhunter tribute show, we need to speak out the truth about the non-professional behavior of the so-called 'promoter.'

"DESTRUCTION agreed to play for free, without any of the normal demands on this charity event, the only demand was a professional poster. After that the wanna-be-promoter took the band off the bill. No communication with the band or the agency, nothing!

"This decision was beyond the band's control and will only hurt the fans and Chris' relatives.

"As a matter of respect for our dead friend, we will not fight this senseless decision in public. The event is a good thing for Chris and his family. Chris would turn over in his own grave after such a stupid act. DESTRUCTION apologizes for this brainless decision of this wanna-be-promoter. Support Chris and his relatives!"

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Still don't buy it Wayne, it's grand for Destruction to blame the promoter. Sodom/Tom says that via email that Schmier said they were pulling out, that doesn't sound like they were dropped.

Sure the poster looks like something a novice could make, but when I saw the poster first I was more reminded of the days that Metal was at a high moreso than "damn that looks weak" just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:25 pm

rock stars are pricks... big shocker.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:31 pm

Yea.... I really dont know. From the few interviews ive read with Schmier he doesnt really seem like hes got a ego but maybe he does. I dont see why he would be with this though. Maybe the email was misunderstood or misread.

I still like both bands, so really whatever. People have to do what they have to do.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Lame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:11 am

Really lame reason to pull off.

It seems like a really cool show. I'd love to be at it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:18 am

I watched a Destruction DVD from Netflix a few years ago...he came off as overly self-important in the interview segments. As MC666 stated...he's a "rock star", not exactly a shock.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 am

detuned wrote:
As MC666 stated...he's a "rock star"
In his own mind I guess. 1 out of every 100,000 people might of heard of him, and that's being pretty generous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Anyone that has watched "Get Thrashed" can tell there has always been animosity between Sodom and Destruction. They openly dislike each other, going so far as to call each other a "not really good band" in the movie. If Sodom was in the same shoes, they would do the same thing. Guaranteed. Neither one of them would play second fiddle to the other. Has anyone seen these 2 bands on the same bill?

It actually looks like Destruction is 3rd on that flyer, which I would disagree with, as well, if I were them.

Beyond that, I would give my pinky finger to be at that show!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:27 pm

I just got that Get Thrashed movie I have to watch it.

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:28 pm

If you're supposedly doing it "for a friend", it should not matter where you're billed or what the poster looks like.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If you're supposedly doing it "for a friend", it should not matter where you're billed or what the poster looks like.

If your ego is that inflated, itll transcend all that. Plus like Sax said, friend or not, theres a strong rivalry between the two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:02 pm

It's just ridiculous to say "we didn't like the poster"...
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Has anyone seen these 2 bands on the same bill?

They used to tour together in Europe around 5-6 years ago, all three of them in fact - Kreator, Sodom & Destruction.

I've met Schmier in 2004 and he was really down to earth guy, but this here sucks - and their excuse is that they only wanted a better concert poster?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:16 am

Quote :
They used to tour together in Europe around 5-6 years ago, all three of them in fact - Kreator, Sodom & Destruction

That would have been an insane show! I am guessing the would have to rotate positions nightly? Or do you remember what order they played in, Sov-y?
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Yeah, they were changing each night!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:29 pm

They're back on the bill now.

Artillery are gone, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have Destruction over stepped the line ?   Have Destruction over stepped the line ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have Destruction over stepped the line ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: