Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ENDEVERAFTER?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

ENDEVERAFTER? Empty
PostSubject: ENDEVERAFTER?   ENDEVERAFTER? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Anyone like these guys. I for one think there cd is amazing and has a Thin Lizzy meets Coheed & Cambria type sound. Amazing guitar playing as well on the cd.

Back to top Go down

ENDEVERAFTER? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENDEVERAFTER?   ENDEVERAFTER? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:06 pm

I reviewed this a long time ago.

Quote :
For the past few years, the US mainstream market has been giving more and more attention to bands that churn out old school rock music; Supagroup, Airbourne (Roadrunner is reissuing their debut in 2008), Miss Crazy (just signed a three-record deal), even Sebastian Bach (ex-Skid Row) has gotten an unexpected (but deserved) amount of exposure for his latest album Angel Down, considering five years ago it would have largely been ignored. Well, Endeverafter now join the ranks of modern rock bands injecting that old school flavor with their Razor & Tie Entertainment debut, Kiss Or Kill. But while other bands manage to channel their sound completely from that old (and great) era of music, Endeverafter occasionally struggle with this, hopping from foot to foot, from 80s rock to something more akin to modern alternative rock.

Kiss Or Kill immediately lines up four hefty shots of no-frills, gritty—with maybe a bit too much sheen—rock 'n' roll; "I Wanna Be Your Man" and "Poison" are both driving rock songs, sometimes bordering on metal with their double bass, galloping riffs, and speedy leads; but their big hooks betray that notion. While "Baby Baby Baby" and "Gotta Get Out" don more traditional garb, mid-paced AC/DC-like anthems. The modern stylings first surface during the chorus of "Gotta Get Out," touching upon something Blink 182 might have written, but it bares itself full on the ballad "Next Best Thing." While the power ballad was something of a staple in the eighties, here it comes off like a stolen (post-mainstream success) Hoobastank song. It simply lacks the magic of a true rock ballad, leaving much to be desired. But it has radio hit written all over it.

Endeverafter haven't struck gold with Kiss or Kill, but they're not far off the mark either. While some songs may sort of lose their identity in a shallow sea of radio pop, they also find redemption every time with quality songwriting, whether showcasing a rock style ("Tip Of My Tongue"), metal ("Road To Destruction"), or the unfortunate (but still decent) foray into pop oblivion ("All Night"). Kiss Or Kill won't blow you away from beginning to end, but among the good there stands tall a few that are great.
I gave it a 7/10 at the time. I don't think it's an amazing CD, but it's really good. My main gripe is that the band really has no idea what it wants to be, which tells me there was outside pressure for them to write a few modern-sounding songs. "Next Best Thing" being a prime example. That song is so far removed from the 80s rock style of other songs.

Either way, solid disc.
Back to top Go down

ENDEVERAFTER? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENDEVERAFTER?   ENDEVERAFTER? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:09 pm

Man, I'd still review albums if I could write every review as short and concise as that.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

ENDEVERAFTER? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENDEVERAFTER?   ENDEVERAFTER? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:39 pm

I saw them live in Abilene, Tx last March (opening for Airbourne) and they were OK. They put on a good show, had a a couple good songs....but they didn't know what they wanted to be. The Stones? A Thrash band? A modern rock/metal band? They didn't know.
The lead singer could shred, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

ENDEVERAFTER? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENDEVERAFTER?   ENDEVERAFTER? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:48 pm

pretty good review EYE. The guitar playing on this cd really separates these guys from most modern rock bands. The hooks are there like you said and some of these songs should be on the radio. There is just something about this band that draws me back to the cd.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

ENDEVERAFTER? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENDEVERAFTER?   ENDEVERAFTER? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Eyesore's review is right on the money, very good band but still struggling to find its identity, but I do enjoy a few of the songs on what I am assuming is their debut album.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

ENDEVERAFTER? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENDEVERAFTER?   ENDEVERAFTER? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:34 pm

There were about 3 songs that I really thought were good then the rest kind of just blend together. "I wanna be your man" is the best song IMO and is getting some radio play around here. I thought the cover art was very cool. I think a 7 out of 10 is a fair grade for this CD.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

ENDEVERAFTER? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENDEVERAFTER?   ENDEVERAFTER? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:27 pm

If I can find it at a decent price, I will def. check it out. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ENDEVERAFTER? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENDEVERAFTER?   ENDEVERAFTER? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ENDEVERAFTER?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: