Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backmasking

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Backmasking Empty
PostSubject: Backmasking   Backmasking Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 5:27 pm

What do you think about backmasking? I know some were purposely put there in Beatles, ELO, Petra and Pink Floyd. What about when they play Stairway To Heaven backwards and supposedly you hear "So heres to my Sweet Satan? Or the Queen song, that supposedly says" Smoke Pot", sounds like gibberish to me. It has been proven some bands did, like in the Petra song, no way for half these other ones though. I always thought, if you hear a long one note keyboard intro or long empty break in a song, these are the spots where they stuck backwards messages. The ones that are real, always seem to be found in these spots of silences on records in past cases. I would love to know what is on Shout At the Devil, I have never heard anyone do that one
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Backmasking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backmasking   Backmasking Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 6:31 pm

I have Stairway on tape backwards ( a guy in HS did it), and it DOES sound like something. He decided to listen to the whole thing and in The Battle of Evermore there's some stuff that sounds like an actual message as well....it could just be perception, but it's still creepy. I'll have to scrounge up that cassette and hear it again....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Backmasking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backmasking   Backmasking Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 6:42 pm

I have an interesting study done by Al Menconi on backwards masking. He
conducted seminars on it, but he did it a little differently than the
anti-rock preachers. Rather than TELL the crowd what the are about to
hear backwards he would PLAY IT FIRST then ASK them what they heard. On
"Stairway to Heaven" he had several people respond that they heard
"Shop at Safeway." I always knew that Page and Plant had sold their
sould to Safeway. :p

Seriously though. When it's done on purpose, it's obvious. Petra did
it. "Why are you listening to music backwards when the message is
forwards". Classic.

Most of the claims are just stupid and usually made by people with an agenda against rock music.

I have an article all about the satanic backwards messages in Christian
bands. It was written in the early 90's and has bands like Rez,
Bloodgood, Jerusalem, Stryper and Whitecross listed. In one portion of
the article the guys actually stated about Whitecross' Walk With Me, "The
song "Walk With ME" by Whitecross has forward lyrics that say, 'I've
set you free, I want you to be with me eternally, I love you so, I want
you to know that I'm the one who is calling you home' But backwards the
message is 'How sweet the mark!' We ask who it is that is calling these
young people"...It is a shame that so many Christians are being
deceived not only by this message, but by the fact they are being
encouraged to take the mark of the best which the Bible warns will damn
for eternity..."

What they conveniently leave out is lines like, "My blood has cleansed you. Your sins are remembered no more, so come on and walk with me."
Also, the very next song on the album is "Because of Jesus". At
another point in the article they basically state, forwards the message
may be about Jesus, but backwards we get the real meaning of the song.
What? This is real nutcase stuff here.

Here's another one:

The popular group Stryper sings a song entitled "In God We Trust",
ad we wonder which god this is when chanted in reverse is "Yeah
Lucifer!"

So like I said, much of this stuff is bunk. There are some real
cases of backwards masking and I am sure that backwards some words may
sound like other words, but for the most part, the whole thing is bunk.

Backmasking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backmasking   Backmasking Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 6:47 pm

I agree with you Ultmetal. Most of what people find, are found by overzealous Rock N Roll haters. I know it can, and has been done. Obviously, White Album - Paul Is Dead, Petra - Look For the message played Foward. I am really interested in the stuff that really was put there. It is kind of like finding an Easter Egg on a DVD.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

Backmasking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backmasking   Backmasking Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 8:01 am

Back when I was a YOUNG (impressionable) teen I thought there was a LOT to this. I read about it (anyone remember the book "Why Knock Rock"? OF COURSE YOU DO!!Rolling Eyes ), saw the movie "Hells Bells"Laughing (my current Pastor has owned this on VHS for YEARS and STILL "swears by it" and the "accuracy" of the information found in it, and saw many seminars on the subject. I was SUCKED into the whole discussion about "IS it there?", "IF it is, WHY it was there?", "WHO put it there?", and "WHAT is it doing to ME?".

I've KNOWN for many years now that MOST of this information was driven by nothing more than people with and AGENDA of HATRED for Rock Music, which was misguided at times to say the least, and downright dishonest at other times...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Backmasking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backmasking   Backmasking Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 9:17 am

Jimi Hendrix use to do a lot of backwards recordings. He used it as effect most of the time.

Judas Priest were sued over the 'subliminal messages' on their Stained Class album.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Backmasking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backmasking   Backmasking Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 11:59 am

if i wish to hear demonic messages, most of the bands i listen to have them playing forwards. no need for the extra effort on my part.

Backmasking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backmasking   Backmasking Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 2:36 pm

In my profile I have the one from Stained Class.

You can do it, and hear it pretty clearly. Most of the stuff people do here is nothing. There is tracks by bands that they put on an album backwards. Isnt the song by Hendrix "Third Stone from the Sun"? I also know the current guitarist did it on Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Deicide also did it on the intro for Legion.

years, ago I talked to Eric of Sacrament. He told me he recorded his bass, and put it on the cd backwards. I forget which song it was. I asked him what the sound was on "that song", he told me the intro is backwards bass

On answers.com it said Tommy and Nikki were the ones who put the hidden message on Shout at the Devil. It says Jesus is Satan. Not sure if that is valid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Backmasking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backmasking   Backmasking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Backmasking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: