Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garbage Day!

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
DeathCult
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:39 pm

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GR0jwixjdBw

I have got to buy this movie...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Ahhh, "Silent Night Deadly Night Part 2" -- I've never seen the whole movie but this particular scene is all over YouTube. Classic stuff.

In fact, Spec, I believe someone has divided this entire movie up into little ten minute segments and posted the whole thing on YouTube...but I have never had time to sit thru the whole thing myself.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:24 pm

I don't know about this one but I bought SNDN 1 this year (as it's finally out on DVD) and it's not nearly as cool as I remembered it. Very little blood and that only accentuates the really crappy acting.

It does have Linnea Quigley in a topless role which almost salvages the movie.l

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:10 pm

Good movies, put half of part 2 is just flashbacks to the first one. I still love em though.

Toho, I got them both on DVD about 6 years ago, theyve been out as a double feature for awhile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Here's part 1 of "S.N.D.N. Part 2" on YouTube... the rest of the film (divided into 8 or 9 total segments) can be found in the "related videos" box off to the right of the screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjgsVozBRgw

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:40 am

I would throw this movie out on garbage day.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:42 am

Best acting ever! I love SNDN!! I don't remember the 2nd one as much, but just a general impression of cheesy goodness!

The killer's reaction when the eyes explode.....surprise and then supressed delight...is classic.

Thanks Spec! It's been probably close to 20 years since I've seen that. Wow, so good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:43 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I don't remember the 2nd one as much, but just a general impression of cheesy goodness!

I have yet to see SNDN 2 in its entirety, but from what I understand, at least half of the movie is recycled footage from the first film anyway.

Back to top Go down

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:45 am

I'd bet that I posted the best part of SNDN 2.

The wife and I watched the original "April Fool's Day" this weekend. That movie is really only good at the end. It moves soooo slow. I would bet that SNDN 2 has the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:53 am

spectrefate wrote:
The wife and I watched the original "April Fool's Day" this weekend. That movie is really only good at the end. It moves soooo slow. I would bet that SNDN 2 has the same problem.

The "original" April Fool's Day? You mean someone bothered to do a remake of that P.O.S.? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:56 am

Apparently, check IMDB. I didn't know about it either until I checked the other night. My wife swore one of the guys in the original was on a soap opera so I had to check. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:59 am

I guess I shouldn't be surprised... hell, they're remaking every other slasher flick under the sun... the "My Bloody Valentine" remake comes out this weekend, now that I think about it!!

Next there'll probably be remakes of "Hell Night," "Terror Train," "Slaughter High," "Return to Horror High," yadda yadda yadda...

Back to top Go down

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 am

Quote :
"My Bloody Valentine" remake comes out this weekend, now that I think about it!!

I'm going to go see that one. I'm just too curious. Plus I love the cheese factor associated with a 3D movie. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:07 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
"My Bloody Valentine" remake comes out this weekend, now that I think about it!!

I'm going to go see that one. I'm just too curious. Plus I love the cheese factor associated with a 3D movie. Smile

I'd like to see it too actually... I've never seen a 3-D movie in a theatre, I'm sure that'd be an experience.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:14 pm

My Bloody Valentine was one of my first horror movies when I was a little kid, so I'm curious about this new one. The first scared me badly!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 pm

I got to see this movie! It's so cheesy it's brilliant. Laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 pm

They are also doinging a remake of fright night (which was a great flick)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Is there a horror film that Hollywood is not remaking?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:20 pm

manny wrote:
Is there a horror film that Hollywood is not remaking?

Nope, they're outta ideas. Garbage Day! 692390:
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
They are also doinging a remake of fright night (which was a great flick)

Actually, I read earlier this week that the "Fright Night" remake is dead in the water for now. Apparently whoever was planning to do it couldn't come up with a decent script. The same studio was supposed to be re-making "Near Dark" but that's been shelved as well.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Quote :
whoever was planning to do it couldn't come up with a decent script

That didn't stop the people who made Freddy vs Jason.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard Hey, I LIKED Freddy Vs. Jason! Yea, it was silly as hell but it was the matchup that my Inner Teenage Horror Geek had been waiting nearly 20 years to see!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:00 pm

I'm waiting for the remake of Manos - Hands Of Fate.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:20 pm

[quote="Fat Freddy"]
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard Hey, I LIKED Freddy Vs. Jason! Yea, it was silly as hell but it was the matchup that my Inner Teenage Horror Geek had been waiting nearly 20 years to see![/quote

I was too but after i saw it i was let down. Why can't they recapture that early 80's magic?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Quote :
Why can't they recapture that early 80's magic?

I know why.

We're all (but especially young(er) generations) used to quick cuts. No lingering scenes. No suspension build-up. Just quick, fast, flashing, noisy scenes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garbage Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garbage Day!   Garbage Day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garbage Day!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: