Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!

Go down 
+17
MusicTilDeath
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
arttieTHE1manparty
SuprimuS
sam
the sentinel
Schbopo
Addy
XYZ
MetalRob331
Wargod
mc666
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
Mattallica667
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:13 pm

56. Cherry Pie-Warrant

It's absolutely laughable when you see this song on the list, especially when Janie Lane has stated that he could shoot himself in the head for writing this song. The song basically has ruined his life. It just goes to show you that those who voted on this are absolutely clueless!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
56. Cherry Pie-Warrant

It's absolutely laughable when you see this song on the list, especially when Janie Lane has stated that he could shoot himself in the head for writing this song. The song basically has ruined his life. It just goes to show you that those who voted on this are absolutely clueless!!!

It's still a catchy little song though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Schbopo wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
56. Cherry Pie-Warrant

I absolutely detest the song. When Janie talks about that song on the VH1 program "History of Metal"; he was practically in tears. He said that his whole legacy will be that of the Cherry Pie guy. I give the guy credit for being so candid regarding the abomination that is that song.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Schbopo wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
56. Cherry Pie-Warrant

I love this song. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:34 pm

Was this another one of their 5-part Top 100 series or did they only do a show for the top 20?

Sounds decent, I'll catch it on one of the millions reruns VH1 likes to do...
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:25 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
56. Cherry Pie-Warrant

Actually, Jani has backed off from that statement. He says what he despised was the fact that the band became Cherry Pie for all intents and purposes. He said the video, the fact that it was the lead single, they changed the album name, had pie eating contests at concerts, etc., THOSE are the things that made him mad about it. He said he couldn't believe so much attention was given to a song he wrote in about 10 minutes.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:38 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
56. Cherry Pie-Warrant

Actually, Jani has backed off from that statement. He says what he despised was the fact that the band became Cherry Pie for all intents and purposes. He said the video, the fact that it was the lead single, they changed the album name, had pie eating contests at concerts, etc., THOSE are the things that made him mad about it. He said he couldn't believe so much attention was given to a song he wrote in about 10 minutes.

Arttie

Has he backed off that statement? I also saw him talk about how much he hated that song on one of the Celebrity Fit Clubs he was on as well. He seems pretty adamant regarding his hatred of this song, and everything that it brought to his career.

Watch the last 15 seconds of this clip, and tell me that he has backed off this statement. A person doesn't have tears well up in their eyes, and say what he said, if he actually didn't mean it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVt2z0q9F2c&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:40 am

I don't think he hates the song itself, just what came with it.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:45 am

Schbopo wrote:
I don't think he hates the song itself, just what came with it.

Which in essence is the same thing. He never wanted to write the song in the first place. He said the record was done. Not to mention the fact that when an artist tells the general public that they wrote a song in a matter of minutes, there's not much to speculate regarding the song and its quality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:47 am

Who cares? "Cherry Pie" is easily in the top 100 greatest hard rock song off all-time. Cheesy as hell, sure, but it's a damn catchy song.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:00 am

Edit: nevermind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:45 pm

sam wrote:
Chicken.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Typical VH1 crap. Some good songs, a lot of bad songs, and lots of not-subtle-at-all promos for the Rock Band video game and Bret Michaels' upcoming "Rock of Love Bus" show.

That said, I still watched the last couple of hours of this thing last night (couldn't sleep and there was nothing better on TV at the time)... couldn't help myself, these countdown shows are like video crack!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Well, if you watch this actual countdown, he even talks about it and says pretty much exactly what I said above.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

That said, I still watched the last couple of hours of this thing last night (couldn't sleep and there was nothing better on TV at the time)... couldn't help myself, these countdown shows are like video crack!!

No kidding. " Best songs of the 80s", "best songs of the 90s", " best hard rock artists", "best kid stars", "best teen stars", I've seen em all more times I can count....just because there was nothing else on.
Mad

Last edited by Schbopo on Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the T. shut up.)
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:29 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Well, if you watch this actual countdown, he even talks about it and says pretty much exactly what I said above.

Arttie

I agree. Everything you stated was verbatim with what Janie Lane stated, EXCEPT the supposed softer stance that Janie feels regarding the song Cherry Pie. I don't follow his every word, but when I have heard Janie speak (regarding this song); he regards the writing of this song as nothing more than a total nightmare.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
sam wrote:
Chicken.

ehh...I did post about how much bret is a smurfette, bad host, etc... before realizing this had all been covered before.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:47 pm

sam wrote:

ehh...I did post about how much bret is a smurfette, bad host, etc... before realizing this had all been covered before.

He's only on screen for about 3 seconds at a time, how can he be a bad host?
Back to top Go down
MusicTilDeath
Metal novice
Metal novice
MusicTilDeath

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Meh, just like any other list. but Guns n roses #1?!?! now THAT is pushing it. But its just a sily list like every other list.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Schbopo wrote:

because he's a tool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:37 am

I find it entertaining but I do not take these lists shows seriously, most of the people that vote for these songs are causal metal/hard rock fans at best. If VH1 or VH1 classics have a list show regarding metal I always watch it, even if the results are somewhat predictable.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:17 am

Then when lists like this come out the hardcore music fans need to vote just my opinion
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Quote :
99. We're an American Band-Grand Funk Railroad

99th my ass.
Back to top Go down
sherrijhitchcock
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Where is Tool? Rage Against the Machine? Pink Floyd?   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Mattallica667 wrote:
VH1's "Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs" Final 20 songs were released earlier tonight. The event was hosted by Bret Michaels, and, for the record, didn't contain anything TOO metal (Slayer, Pantera, etc.). Here is the complete list (and yes, i did take the time to write it all down. Some of the songs are out of place, and once again, this is VH1's list (as voted by the people) not mine. Though I would very much like for at lest ONE person to make there own list in response so we can all compare.

Here is the list:

100. I Can't Drive 55 -Sammy Hagar
99. We're an American Band-Grand Funk Railroad
98. Lit Up-Buckcherry
97. Frankenstein-Edgar Winter
96. Carry on My Wayward Son-Kansas
95. Higher-Creed
94. I Believe In a Thing Called Loved-The Darkness
93. Turn Up the Radio-Autograph
92. Don't Tell Me You Love Me-Night Ranger
91. Bullet With Butterfly Wings-Smashing Pumpkins
90. Aqualung-Jethro Tull
89. Party Hard-Andrew W.K.
88. Would?-Alice In Chains
87. Seventeen-Winger
86. The Beautiful People-Marilyn Manson
85. Slither-Velvet Revolver
84. I Wanna Be Somebody-W.A.S.P.
83. Bring Me Back to Life-Evanescence
82. Since You've Been Gone-Rainbow
81. Heaven and Hell-Black Sabbath
80. Any Way You Want It-Journey
79. Rebel Yell-Billy Idol
78. Feel Like Makin' Love-Bad Company
77. Black Hole Sun-Soundgarden
76. Kiss Me Deadly-Lita Ford
75. Seven Nation Army-White Stripes
74. Love Removal Machine-The Cult
73. Jailbreak-Thin Lizzy
72. Heartbreaker-Pat Benatar
71. Mountain Song-Jane's Addiction
70. Hot Blooded-Foreigner
69. Cult of Personality-Living Colour
68. More Human Than Human-White Zombie
67. Tush-ZZ Top
66. The Final Countdown-Europe
65. Kick Out the Jams-MC5
64. Liar-Rollin's Band
63. Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
62. Breaking the Chains-Dokken
61. Round and Round-RATT
60. 18 and Life-Skid Row
59. The Stroke-Billy Squier
58. Interstate Love Song-Stone Temple Pilots
57. You Really Got Me-The Kinks
56. Cherry Pie-Warrant
55. Don't Fear the Reaper-Blue Oyster Cult
54. Epic-Faith No More
53. Born to Be Wild-Steppenwolf
52. Cherry Bomb-The Runaways
51. Peace Sells-Megadeth
50. Give It Away-Red hot Chili Peppers
49. Search and Destroy-Iggy Pop and the Stooges
48. Freak on a Leash-\"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\"
47. Bawidabata-Kid Rock
46. Madhouse-Anthrax
45. Slow Ride-Foghat
44. Sunshine of Your Love-Cream
43. Holy Diver-Dio
42. Should I Stay or Should I Go-The Clash
41. Cum on Feel the Noize-Quiet Riot
40. Talk Dirty to Me-Poison
39. More Than a Feeling-Boston
38. Stone Cold Crazy-Queen
37. My Generation-The Who
36. Hot for Teacher-Van Halen
35. School's Out-Alice Cooper
34. Barracuda-Heart
33. Basket Case-Green Day
32. Cat Scratch Fever-Ted Nugent
31. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap-AC/DC
30. Even Flow-Pearl Jam
29. Bad Reputation-Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
28. Everlong-Foo Fighters
27. Still of the Night-Whitesnake
26. Freebird-Lynyrd Skynyrd
25. Blitzkrieg Bob-Ramones
24. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida-Iron Butterfly
23. Crazy Train-Ozzy Osbourne
22. Hey Joe-Jimi Hendrix Experience
21. Kashmir-Led Zeppelin
20. You Give Love a Bad Name-Bon Jovi
19. Tom Sawyer-Rush
18. Rock You Like a Hurricane-Scorpions
17. I Wanna Rock-Twisted Sister
16. Rock and Roll All Nite-KISS
15. Dr. Feelgood-Motley Crue
14. Run to the Hills-Iron Maiden
13. Photograph-Def Leppard
12. Breaking the Law-Judas Priest
11. Smoke on the Water-Deep Purple
10. Ace of Spades-Motorhead
9. Runnin' with the Devil-Van Halen
8. Walk this Way-Aerosmith
7. Smells Like Teen Spirit-Nirvana
6. Won't Get Fooled Again-The Who
5. Enter Sandman-Metallica
4. Paranoid-Black Sabbath
3. Whole Lotta Love-Led Zeppelin
2. Back In Black-AC/DC
1. Welcome to the Jungle-Guns N' Roses
Back to top Go down
sherrijhitchcock
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:03 pm

sam wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

because he's a tool Very Happy

who wears their own T-Shirt?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!   VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VH1's Top 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs Results!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next