Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Metropolis has been updated

Go down 
+3
mc666
ultmetal
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Metropolis has been updated Empty
PostSubject: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 8:57 am

Yes, it's that time again, boys and girls. What a Face Metal Metropolis has been updated 56834

Let me know if you find any errors....

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 10:01 am

I've read a few of your reviews. Haven't found any mistakes yet, but I
wonder why you keep comparing Mass to their 'secular brethren'? Mass
are a secular band. There is not even one song on "New Birth" that has
religious or Christian lyrics. Even the title song, which sounds to be
Christian from the title is actually about things going on in the
singers life. "Lots of new things (going on) in my life, new record, new wife, new baby, therefore......New Birth." I
think the only connection to Christian metal that Mass have is that
their Voices in the Night album was produced by Michael Sweet. Check
out the song descriptions on NoLifeTilMetal by Louis D' Augusta.
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/mass.htm

BTW, all the tracks from the '88 EP were re-released on the "Best Ones" compilation.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 10:22 am

lots of good reading there, but you wasted alot of time, effort, & space on that Manowar review. you should have just posted this smiley...
Metal Metropolis has been updated Supergaycd2

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 11:41 am

mc666 wrote:
lots of good reading there, but you wasted alot of time, effort, & space on that Manowar review. you should have just posted this smiley...
Metal Metropolis has been updated Supergaycd2

lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 11:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
singers life. "Lots of new things (going on) in my life, new record, new wife, new baby, therefore......New Birth." I

BTW, all the tracks from the '88 EP were re-released on the "Best Ones" compilation.

I've always considered them a Christian band, and I know they were sold in the Christian book stores here in Norway. It's sort of weird because nooone never discussed this, but the main company that iported Chrsitan music to Norway during the 80's and 90's at some pint refused to sell the Rage of Angels CD on the grounds of the band not being Christian. But I never heard anything like that from Mass.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 12:37 pm

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I've
always considered them a Christian band, and I know they were sold in
the Christian book stores here in Norway. It's sort of weird because
nooone never discussed this, but the main company that iported Chrsitan
music to Norway during the 80's and 90's at some pint refused to sell
the Rage of Angels CD on the grounds of the band not being Christian.
But I never heard anything like that from Mass.

Which is weird because their lyrics aren't faith based at all, they
don't claim to be a Christian band, they were never on a Christian
label, etc. I never could understand how they got lumped in with the
'white metal' scene. Their lyrics are typical 80's tripe; girls, good
times, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 1:52 pm

I'm thinking about doing a site like this. It wouldn't be all metal, though, as my tastes are ridiculously broad. As I get older I'm less inclinded to review random stuff for webzines and more interested in pimpin' my own collection. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 1:57 pm

Wait...Evergrace is a Christian band? I reviewed that album and didn't catch that.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 5:00 pm

I always like your updates KMORG. I also always thought that MASS(USA) were a White metal band. Anyway, about that GRAVE DIGGER mini cd, i was at that concert at MACHINE and it was realy great. They kick ass live anyway, always.
I also like your HALLOWEEN review. They were so great. Pure shock metal like IMPALER, LIZZY BORDEN,etc....
And yes, BLAZE is better solo then with IRON MAIDEN. Hail hail metalhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 5:19 pm

krokus wrote:
I always like your updates KMORG. I also always thought that MASS(USA) were a White metal band. Anyway, about that GRAVE DIGGER mini cd, i was at that concert at MACHINE and it was realy great. They kick ass live anyway, always.
I also like your HALLOWEEN review. They were so great. Pure shock metal like IMPALER, LIZZY BORDEN,etc....
And yes, BLAZE is better solo then with IRON MAIDEN. Hail hail metalhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words, krokus! It's always great to hear that peole like reading my site.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 8:46 am

krokus wrote:
I always like your updates KMORG.

Me too.

krokus wrote:
I also always thought
that MASS(USA) were a White metal band.

Why is that? How did you get that idea? Just curious. Was it because of their name, because Micheal Sweet produced on of their records or something else?

I got into Mass when I purchased "New Birth" on cassette a used record shop. Never considered them Christian. Their lyrics seemed pretty typical of the genre to me. Girls, good times, etc., etc. Then when I was searching out Christian metal in the early 90's, people would recommend Mass. I was always floored that people thought this band was Christian.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 9:20 am

I like it too Kmorg:metal:
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 11:00 am

While I don't always agree with some of your reviews, I do enjoy reading them and use 'em quite a bit before making purchases. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 11:11 am

Mass did have the line "New Birth, seconds come first, time for a New Birth"...I can see how Christians can read into that...kinda like "the last shall be first"...

Plus, having Michael Sweet produce & sing on 'Voices...' just gave Christians further reason to latch onto them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 12:24 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Mass did have the line "New Birth, seconds come first, time for a New Birth"...I can see how Christians can read into that...kinda like "the last shall be first"...

Plus, having Michael Sweet produce & sing on 'Voices...' just gave Christians further reason to latch onto them.

Yup, it was those sorts of things Christians latched onto, but they weren't really about Christian ideas. New Birth was about the changes going on withing the members, and specifially the birth of the singer's child.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 12:34 pm

I know...I remember that too. I was just pointing to the reasons Christians latched onto them...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 1:00 pm

The fact that they were sold in Christian bookstores here in Norway made me neer doubt that they were a Christian band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 4:45 pm

KMORG, THANKS!!!!!
ULTMETAL, yes, one reason that i thought MASS were christians was because MICHAEL SWEET produced them. Also the band logo looked christian and the name of the band, MASS could mean religious ceremony at church for example.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 11:15 pm

When Mass was released it was hyped as 'Produced By Michael Sweet' that's it. No mention of Christianity at all. Sweet made 'em sound like Stryper

Force 3's Charlie Wilson was originally in 100% Proof who released two lp's before that....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 11:20 pm

Valor/Golgatha.... Golgatha shredded live, the Prisoner demo was recorded in a studio, while the xtra 8 tracks or so were recorded on a 4 track in the drummers garage.
Much heavier trying for that Laaz Rocket/Judas Priest style....

Tony's vocals might leave you flat, but that music was by far heavier than Saint.... These guys used to play the clubs in the Bay Area...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis has been updated   Metal Metropolis has been updated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Metropolis has been updated
Page 1 of 1