Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ZZ Top's New Album

Go down 
+10
rattpoison
mc666
the sentinel
manny
TheGooch
Schbopo
sam
XYZ
tohostudios
akeldama
14 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Recent News

In July 2008, the band announced they have signed with producer Rick Rubin and plan on recording a new album.Rubin will be producing the next album, and it has been reported that the band will be aiming to move back to their pre-80's La Grange sound.

Sounds like it should be pretty good, although I like Billy's tone from Rhythmeen to Mescalero the best.

Last edited by akeldama on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:47 pm

akeldama wrote:
Recent News

In July 2008, the band announced they have signed with producer Rick Rubin and plan on recording a new album.Rubin will be producing the next album, and it has been reported that the band will be aiming to move back to their pre-80's La Grange sound.
Sounds like it should be pretty good, although I like Billy's tone from Rhythmeen to Mescalero the best.

A move back to the pre-80s sound would actually stir my interest in this band again. After "Eliminator", I think the band got obsessed with that pulsing synth sound that made songs like Sharp Dressed Man so popular. That made every song sound the same IMO.

Go back boys...waaaaay back...

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:

That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:44 pm

cool, these guys were the pure embodiement of cool back in the day...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:03 pm

I love everything ZZ Top ever did. Even the synth-pop stuff works. A new record would be great!
It's been a while. ZZ Top's New Album 505193
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 pm

This would be cool to see how rubin does production wise
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Hiring Rick Rubin to produce is a step in the right direction, I am not always a big fan of Rick Rubin's production but he seems good in having older artist reconnect to their roots and able to strip their music to the bone witness what he was able to do with both Johnny Cash and Neal Diamond.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Great news!!! And also, very well stated manny about Rubin's ability to reconnect older artists with their roots. Peace.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 am

are these guys hard rock/heavy metal? i wouldn't think so.

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:53 am

tohostudios wrote:
A move back to the pre-80s sound would actually stir my interest in this band again. After "Eliminator", I think the band got obsessed with that pulsing synth sound that made songs like Sharp Dressed Man so popular. That made every song sound the same IMO.

Have you heard their recent few albums? Starting with Antenna, they began moving away from the synth drum sound. Rhythmeen, XXX, and Mescalero are really good.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:58 am

Isn't Rubin a member ZZ Top! Laughing

But seriously this sounds good, i hope it doesn't fall through like the
proposed Foghat comeback record he was meant to produce in '93 or
something.

Rubin wouldn't have produced a record like this since the Four Horsemen's classic Nobody Said It Was Easy way back in '91.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:15 am

Always up for some new ZZ Top! Eliminator is a 80's favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:31 pm

As long as Rick Rubin doesn't push the levels so high that it's DM pt 2
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:52 pm

mc666 wrote:
are these guys hard rock/heavy metal? i wouldn't think so.

Maybe not but ELIMINATOR by ZZ TOP ended in the top 5 best albums of 1983, voted by the readers of one of the best metal magazines ever, from the UK:METAL FORCES. (together with PYROMANIA by DEF LEPPARD, PIECE OF MIND by IRON MAIDEN, HOLY DIVER by DIO and one more that i dont remember now). I think ELIMINATOR ended first, best album of 1983.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:10 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
As long as Rick Rubin doesn't push the levels so high that it's DM pt 2

Agreed, that's what I'm worried about. But if ZZ goes back to the La Grange sound, Billy's tone didn't have as much bass as Rhythmeen,XXX,etc.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:14 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Isn't Rubin a member ZZ Top!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

ZZ Top's New Album Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZZ Top's New Album   ZZ Top's New Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZZ Top's New Album
Page 1 of 1