Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Halloween film coming in 2009

Go down 
+9
Shiney
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
MetalRob331
nevermore
Lurideath
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

new Halloween film coming in 2009 Empty
PostSubject: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Michael Fleming of Variety.com reports that Dimension Films and Rob Zombie are teaming for another chapter of "Halloween", tentatively due for release in October.

Zombie will write and direct "H2", the sequel to his 2007 reinvention of the John Carpenter horror classic. Production will begin in March.

The new film picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted.

new Halloween film coming in 2009 3113616082_ec508ca94d_o
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Zombie said he wouldn't do a sequel. But I guess he got an offer he couldn't refuse to do this.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:40 pm

i will buy this as i have all the halloween's other then 3.. I did like his remake as I just love Myers in general...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:44 pm

new Halloween film coming in 2009 692390: new Halloween film coming in 2009 692390: new Halloween film coming in 2009 692390:
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:01 pm

Eh, that sucks, the remake wasnt even that great. I stopped buying after 3
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:05 pm

nevermore wrote:
Zombie said he wouldn't do a sequel. But I guess he got an offer he couldn't refuse to do this.

Always a good sign for quality. lame

I'd rather someone else would direct this, I'm tired of Zombie's 1970s horror schlock lovefests.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:33 pm

Zombie's films are all pretty much the same.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Meh. I didn't love Zombie's "Halloween" but I didn't hate it either. I'd wait for DVD on another Myers chapter in any case, no matter who was directing it...

Let's all be thankful that this project will keep Rob away from the remake of "C.H.U.D." that he was rumored to be doing a while ago...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:52 pm

I thought his remake was good. He at least tried to do something a bit different with it, instead of a scene for scene remake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
I thought his remake was good. He at least tried to do something a bit different with it, instead of a scene for scene remake.

I agree. I wasn't blown away, but it kept my interest through most of it, except the super long part of Michael as a child in the sanitarium.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Meh. I didn't love Zombie's "Halloween" but I didn't hate it either. I'd wait for DVD on another Myers chapter in any case, no matter who was directing it...

Let's all be thankful that this project will keep Rob away from the remake of "C.H.U.D." that he was rumored to be doing a while ago...

Are you serious? Zombie's thinking about remaking CHUD?

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 am

Someone needs to remake CHUD....And a few others I can think of....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:23 am

How about a sequel to Killer Klowns From Outer Space?

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:27 am

That'd rule.

And a remake of BLOOD BEACH...one where they actually show the f***in monster would be sweet!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:44 am

tohostudios wrote:
Zombie's thinking about remaking CHUD?

A "C.H.U.D." remake was the hot rumor to be Zombie's next film project when his "Halloween" was released in '07, but it could've just been more Internet B.S.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:38 am

tohostudios wrote:
How about a sequel to Killer Klowns From Outer Space?

Thatd be awesome!

I like CHUD the way it is though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:40 am

Some things are just better through the cheese goggles, y'know?!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Shiney wrote:
Someone needs to remake CHUD....And a few others I can think of....

No, no, no. C.H.U.D. is perfect the way it is. No remake needed.

Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:46 pm

detuned wrote:
new Halloween film coming in 2009 692390: new Halloween film coming in 2009 692390: new Halloween film coming in 2009 692390:

echo this
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

No, no, no. C.H.U.D. is perfect the way it is. No remake needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SHqFaMUa60&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:53 pm

I caught wind of this around a month ago when I was reading stuff about the new Friday The 13h remake. They had a list of all the classic horror movies that are going to be remade. All it tells me is that there are no original ideas anymore. Kind of sad when you think about it. I will give Rob Zombie credit; he did create a totally different Halloween (like Eyesore stated). I did like the backstory of little Mikey Myers, but like all Rob Zombie movies, it's all about gore, and simply lacks suspense. Anyone can make a gorie movie, but hardly anyone can make a suspenseful one in this day and age. I also hated that there was a WWE size wrestler playing the Michael lead. It just seemed to make the Michael Myers character seem more like a comic book character. It's one thing to make him imposing, and it's a whole other thing to make him bigger than life.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:08 pm

I didnot like the remake of Halloween and the back story took away some of mystery away from the character of Michael Myers, also agree with metalinmyveins the actor they hired to play Michael Myers, hated it.

I will give Zombie credit like Eyesore and Metal due in the regard it was not a shot by shot remake. But I was disappointed in the film.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Zombie loves those old school horror flicks. That's what he makes, and I think he's done a solid job of it. I also think he'll get better. I'm sick of remakes, but it's the new Hollywood thing right now, and I have no issues with someone trying to pull one off. It's job security. But at least with Zombie we know he's going to put a bit of heart and passion into the thing.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Disappointed? That was the best remake of a horror film ever!

Horror films these days show horror in a different reality, almost realistic. I guess I just don't understand why people hate these horror remakes.

There are plenty of idea's for horror movies, it just takes the right person to write one. \
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:13 am

Doesn't Rob already have a few movies in production? One's a cartoon and some other one about a wrestler or something. Tyranasaurs Rex. And he's supposedly doing another album and now a Halloween sequel. Guy certainly likes to keep busy.

PostSubject: Re: new Halloween film coming in 2009   new Halloween film coming in 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Halloween film coming in 2009
Page 1 of 1