Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

HR Empty
PostSubject: HR   HR Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:41 pm

To get his point across better than the reception he was getting in Bad Brains, Joseph I formed his own "HR". the majority of bad brains fans were purely listening for the hardcore and wernt really getting into the message so naturally Joseph I became disinchanted. Basically HR is a jazz/reggae/world beat/hardcore composition of just him playing. Maybe a little better than Bad Brains, any fans?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

HR Empty
PostSubject: Re: HR   HR Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 pm

Big fan of Bad Brains, but never heard of this.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

HR Empty
PostSubject: Re: HR   HR Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:08 pm

I like just about everything H.R. has done. Did the new one ever come out yet?

Funny thing about the reggae with the Bad Brains was how I never realized the backlash against it till I met fans from New York. Maybe it was a D.C. thing but everyone I knew who was a fan liked that that was becoming incorporated into the band's sound.

If you've never seen the documentary American Hardcore it is worth checking out for the interview with H.R..
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

HR Empty
PostSubject: Re: HR   HR Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:50 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Big fan of Bad Brains, but never heard of this.

You should definately give it a try sometime. Like I said though, HR is basically a different entity than Bad brains...stronger message/less hardcore, so it may not be your thing.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

HR Empty
PostSubject: Re: HR   HR Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:53 pm

jstate wrote:
I like just about everything H.R. has done. Did the new one ever come out yet?

Funny thing about the reggae with the Bad Brains was how I never realized the backlash against it till I met fans from New York. Maybe it was a D.C. thing but everyone I knew who was a fan liked that that was becoming incorporated into the band's sound.

If you've never seen the documentary American Hardcore it is worth checking out for the interview with H.R..

I didnt know he was trying to get something new out...rad, I will have to look into that.

I have never seen the documentary. My friend has been trying to get me to watch it for a while now, maybe I will pick it up if I get some Christmas money or something. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

HR Empty
PostSubject: Re: HR   HR Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Nothing is better than Bad Brains. I do have all of HR's stuff, including an autographed copy of "Charge". I have HR's anthology on my tradelist - pm me if anyone is interested.

And just because no one else mentioned it, HR stands for "Human Rights".
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

HR Empty
PostSubject: Re: HR   HR Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:42 pm

The new one is called Hey Wella. I'll probably try to get it at some point. I still have to get the last Bad Brains too.

I would recommend renting American Hardcore. I got it in a discount bin. It's a cool watch but probably not the kind of thing to be watched multiple times. Plus I didn't agree with the conclusion that punk died in 86. They also slam the bands that went the crossover route. But the interviews are great. Just to see H.R. lounging on a lawn in a casual suit while wedding parties stroll by in the background while he quietly recalls the punk scene is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

HR Empty
PostSubject: Re: HR   HR Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:20 pm

Yeah I'll have to get American Hardcore soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HR Empty
PostSubject: Re: HR   HR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: