Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

primedia cellout

Go down 
+4
manny
Stender
sam
scottmitchell74
8 posters
AuthorMessage

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Let's take a trip back in time when spectrefate was 17 or 18. It was 1992 or something. I just joined my first band. We were a weird little band with everyone coming from a different musical style. It was interesting to say the least. Anyway, I forgot I created this Myspace site for us. We were called "primedia cellout". We were ok. I know this isnt great stuff, but its fun to go back and listen.

I was the band's "guitarist" toward the end of the band's existence. They had a guitarist before me who is featured on the songs "Grab A Shovel" and "Ivy Walls". I am only on two tracks on the Myspace site, "At The Hands Of" and "Micro Machines" which was the first song I ever wrote. I had lyrics for it but they weren't used. The song was originally entitled "Blood Nine". I got the name from a ouija board session me and some friends had earlier that year. When we asked the "spirit" questions we found out that it was supposedly a spirit of a boy that was abused and died as a result of the abuse. At the end of the session, all the spirit would write out is "Blood Nine" over and over again. So I wrote the lyrics the next day about child abuse. Our lead singer wasn't keen on the inspiration of the lyrics so he wrote his own. If you listen to only one song on the Myspace page, I recommend "Micro Machines".

Anyway, if you're bored listen to the tracks. They were recorded on a boombox. We didn't have fancy computin' machines back then. This isn't great and I don't think it is. But its a great memory.

http://www.myspace.com/primediacellout
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Very cool. That is a great memory. When did you start playing? Do you still? I'd love to connect with a band, but at nearly 35 I don't know any kiddos to group with, and I've got to be able to play a little (a lot) better first!!
Back to top Go down

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:51 pm

I started playing in 1989. I was in 4 bands in the P-Burg area when I lived there. This one was the worst, because of our ages, but you have to start somewhere. I still play guitar. I don't consider myself good, but I'm a decent rhythm player. I'd love to be in a band again, especially since it's so easy to record stuff these days.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:57 pm

cool spec, it reminded of pantera without the suckage vocals lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 6:15 pm

What was the inspiration for the name of the band?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:08 pm

Very cool, Spec and about 10000% better than my first band.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Not bad at all Spec.Hey everybody has to start somewhere.So why arent you in a band now?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Cool. Better than the jam band I did a one night stint with in between middle school and high school (it probably sounded horrible, but it was still fun). I never got the experience of being in a real band so I envy you. At 29, I don't know if I will ever be able to do so, but a guy can still dream can't he?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 9:18 pm

29 is still young enough Dallas Black, you should try playing in a band I promise you will love it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:20 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Cool. Better than the jam band I did a one night stint with in between middle school and high school (it probably sounded horrible, but it was still fun). I never got the experience of being in a real band so I envy you. At 29, I don't know if I will ever be able to do so, but a guy can still dream can't he?

I'm 27 and i still have high hopes that i will eventually join a band once again. The talent is there I just don't seem to know the right people that share the same vision as me.
Back to top Go down

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Stender wrote:
What was the inspiration for the name of the band?

My brother and I liked "Cellout", our singer and bassist liked "Primedia". We just combined them both. Smile
Back to top Go down

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:25 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Not bad at all Spec.Hey everybody has to start somewhere.So why arent you in a band now?

No one to play with. I'd love just to be in a cover band on the weekends. That would be awesome, methinks. Smile
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:38 pm

I wish I still had the tape of my old band from Jr. High. I'd really enjoy taking that stroll down memory lane. We had 3 complete songs (Death Toll, Mental Wasteland, and I can't remember the third title (funny how I can still remember most of that after 15-16 years)) minus solos, as I'm not much of lead player. We hadn't settled on a band name, and never would as we split not long after we laid those tracks to tape (drummer moved away).

Not exactly my cup of tea there spec, but it didn't sound bad at all. I would really like to get into another band some day.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:44 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I wish I still had the tape of my old band from Jr. High. I'd really enjoy taking that stroll down memory lane. We had 3 complete songs (Death Toll, Mental Wasteland, and I can't remember the third title (funny how I can still remember most of that after 15-16 years)) minus solos, as I'm not much of lead player. We hadn't settled on a band name, and never would as we split not long after we laid those tracks to tape (drummer moved away).

Not exactly my cup of tea there spec, but it didn't sound bad at all. I would really like to get into another band some day.

After we did our little jam session, we started contemplating a band name and a logo (I can't remember what it was), but unfortunatly I was soon to be moving out of town and I lost contact with them before I left. My dream is to one day front a real band, but that is on the back burner for now. I'd like to do what Spec said and do a cover band on the weekends (however, with my Eric Clayton [Saviour Machine] goth style vocals I don't know too many metal covers I could front-I have my death/thrash voice but I prefer singing over growling).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:53 pm

spectrefate wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

No one to play with. I'd love just to be in a cover band on the weekends. That would be awesome, methinks. Smile

I'd jam with ya but heck you probably live too far away. I'm more for originals though, i have about 50 of them lol. But covers are cool too..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

primedia cellout Empty
PostSubject: Re: primedia cellout   primedia cellout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

primedia cellout
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: