Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal

Go down 
+20
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Rex
RimShot
TH Joe
Stender
mc666
ghost
sam
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
Temple of Blood
Wargod
metalken
Thrasher73
Lurideath
Olafsto
plinioguitar
GrandNational
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:25 am

Not really old school thrash. But they're really cool, anyway.
Back to top Go down
plinioguitar
Metal novice
Metal novice
plinioguitar

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Arnion is one of best Thrash metal bands from Brazil...
I like their sound a lot...

it's a nice Thrash metal band
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/plinio1983
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:13 am

Why don't you all have this yet?
http://cdbaby.com/cd/arnion

I'm really enjoying this CD. The more I listen to the more I like it. Tons of traditional thrash influence, yet it's not "retro thrash" either. This doesn't sound like Hatchet, Fueled by Fire, etc. who have a sound similar to the greats of the 80's. Arnion have a unique sound IMO.

Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:19 am

I just got it yesterday, haven't really had time to listen to it all yet. I like what little I heard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.therefineryrock.com
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 am

I agree with that! I just got this the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't like the new school retro thrash stuff going on much, but this is good stuff.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Ordered!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:49 pm

It's on my want list!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

On my want list too, darn budget.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:48 pm

I'll check this out later. I just heard their one song on MySpace before.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Sorry to bring back this thread, but this is most definitely a c.d. that has grown on me a lot since I got this. This has some pretty killer production values (for a Brazilian band Wink ) and this band sure knows how to play their instruments. The riffs are heavy and the actual songwriting is strong. Add to this, a thick and loud bass sound and stellar drumming; and the bottom end is well covered.

I know I'll probably get razzed by stating this, but I would put this in thrash genre by this recording. Not old school, modern, retro, etc. but somewhere where all are covered.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:09 pm

I still need to pick this up.So many releases and such little money to go around.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:03 am

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Hmmmm, must've missed this thread first time around.

This sounds pretty decent to my ears. I don't mind the groove. I need to hear a few more tracks to decide, but I like what I'm hearing so far.

EDIT: Listening to samples on cdbaby, musically (not so much vocals), I'm reminded of Pantera. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:57 am

Won my auction on ebay!! Should have this one in my hands (hopefully) by the end of the week.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Cool. Hope you dig it. I do. ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 11840

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:23 pm

I love this, hope this isn't one off band.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:40 am

I haven't had a chance to hear it yet, but apparently Arnion has a new EP out!

ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 79424010

1. Will Not Surrender 04:52 
2. I Won't be Ashamed 06:28 
3. My Rescue 05:28 
4. The Narrow Gate 06:54 
5. Revolução  02:57
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:59 am

affraid SWEET!! I thought that they (along with Disaffection) had called it quits and formed TSAVO? I am super stoked about this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Won my auction on ebay!! Should have this one in my hands (hopefully) by the end of the week.
Geez, I need to pull this one out again. I don't think I've listened to this one since that previous post back in 2010.Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:32 am

jettafiend wrote:
affraid SWEET!! I thought that they (along with Disaffection) had called it quits and formed TSAVO? I am super stoked about this.

I thought the same, but I was cruisin around on metal-archives.com and came across it and the release date is 2013. I know I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:45 am

Nice. I had read they called it quits as well.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:53 am

bgsully wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

I thought the same, but I was cruisin around on metal-archives.com and came across it and the release date is 2013. I know I'm interested.
Definitely, I love that Arnion album quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 1:17 pm

All I can find is this. It's older, but it is the first song on this EP.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Yo, ultmetal, check your private messages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 3:32 pm

There was some great Christian metal coming out of Brazil. The problem for some of them, is if they can't tour anywhere outside of Brazil, it doesn't sell well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal   ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARNION - Brazilian Thrash metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2