Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elliot's Keep (Doom)

Go down 
+2
nevermore
Mglaffas81
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Elliot's Keep (Doom) Empty
PostSubject: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:32 am

I bought the new Gates of Slumber EP tonight from The End, then hopped over to Brainticket to see what John had going on. I checked out this new band they signed called Elliot's Keep.

http://www.myspace.com/elliottskeep

As you can hear, they're killer! So I bought this, too. $7.99 is a good price. Also finally snagged the latest Blood of the Sun album. But Elliot's Keep sounds great. Can't wait to get this one.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:39 am

Very good! 🤘

I'm still enjoying the hell out of the first track - That one's my favourite.

I love how he changes his voice from clean to raspy - Fits the music well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Heard these guys a few weeks ago...very cool stuff...love it!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Sounds good!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:48 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Heard these guys a few weeks ago...very cool stuff...love it!
Thanks for letting me know, you jerk! Haha. Doom gets so little mention in most circles I'm often late to the game. And I can't stand the forums dedicated to doom because doom fans seem to be the most ridiculous, elitist turdlickers I've ever met. They make ToB look agreeable and passive. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 8:00 pm

Doom Metal fans can be a bit overzealous and argumentative...but I chalk it up to passion. Even in Metal circles, Doom is more underground...the fans are a LOT more picky, I think...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:05 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Doom Metal fans can be a bit overzealous and argumentative...but I chalk it up to passion. Even in Metal circles, Doom is more underground...the fans are a LOT more picky, I think...
Passion is fine, but being a douche about likes and dislikes is retarded.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:41 pm

Man,I love this stuff.I've been getting more and more into doom lately.Now I have another cd to buy.Thanks Eyesore ya A-hole. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:44 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Man,I love this stuff.I've been getting more and more into doom lately.Now I have another cd to buy.Thanks Eyesore ya A-hole. Smile
At least it's cheap!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:35 am

I love Doom! This band sounds like a cross between Candlemass and The Moody Blues.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:11 am

I'm not the hugest doom fan, but they sound pretty darn good! The only doom bands I have are Place Of Skulls and Candlemass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:16 pm

MetalH wrote:
I'm not the hugest doom fan, but they sound pretty darn good! The only doom bands I have are Place Of Skulls and Candlemass.
Before you die--which at your age is probably any day now--you need to check out Solitude Aeturnus, the best doom metal band ever.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:18 pm

I have heard Solitude Aeturnus, forgot all about them! I don't own any of their albums, but I kept meaning to get their latest album, but I never did. I'll have to add it to the list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:16 am

Just got this yesterday.Man what a great cd.Lots of Huge crunchy riffing throughout.I like how the vocalist mixes it up with clean and snarled vocals as well.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Got the new disc today, and it's killer!

(Have I mentioned that I hate this forum?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elliot's Keep (Doom)   Elliot's Keep (Doom) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elliot's Keep (Doom)
Page 1 of 1