Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Headpins

Go down 
+4
skullsmasher
manny
tohostudios
akeldama
8 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:21 pm

Any fans? They were out to be just a "side project" for some of the members of the Canadian band Chilliwack. To my knowledge they only released 3 albums but they were quite good IMO.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:26 pm

I only remember this band by name.

I do know that Wounded Bird reissued some Headpins abums a few years back.

I lumped this band in with Toronto; another female fronted, late 80s Canadian band no one ever heard of.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:38 pm

I remember they had a minor hit with "Stayin' All Night" and vocalist Darby Mills was being pushed as sexy pinup gal. Not bad but very pop but Darby Mills is a good vocalist.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:32 pm

I have one of their albums, I really like it. This band is still around but I think that they really only play clubs in their local area. A couple tunes that come to mind that were pretty good were Mine All Mine and Feel My Body. One of the few female fronted bands I really like.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:33 pm

Darby Mills could (can?) definitely hit some insane notes.

A couple of their songs get semi-regular play on Canadian classic rock stations - pretty good band, but never felt the need to go buy their stuff.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:55 pm

Here is the clip from their minor hit, make sure you bring some wine these guys will supply the cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzC_O_Zcu1k
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:34 pm

saw them open for quiet riot/saga '83 or so--who remembers?
first chick i ever saw w/ a cut up t-shirt on & *gasp* her bra showing! she really made an impression... humble
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:04 pm

To me their best is Line Of Fire!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:46 am

I sold Ms Mills solo cd for $160 a few years back. Wish I would have burned it first, but I did not know it is so freakin' rare!
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:03 am

Turn it Loud!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Headpins Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Headpins   The Headpins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Headpins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: