Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pharaoh - BE GONE

Go down 
+5
Lurideath
scottmitchell74
Olafsto
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:25 pm

Pharaoh - BE GONE PHARAOH_BEGONE_cover_reduced

I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be a thread devoted to this band around here... any fans of these American power/true metallers? The best description I can come up with is a 21st century update of POWERSLAVE era Maiden. Their vocalist is Tim Aymar, formerly of Chuck Schuldiner's Control Denied. I recently received a copy of BE GONE (their third CD) to review for Detritus 'zine and it's quite good, it is almost definitely assured to land on my Top Ten for 2008 list. I still think I prefer their first album, AFTER THE FIRE but truthfully all three of their discs are quality.

But hey, don't take my word for it, peep'em at their MySpace and see if they're your kinda thang:

http://www.myspace.com/pharaohmetal

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Very Good Band.I would agree with you on their first album being my favorite
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:10 pm

They have been on my want list a long time, and exact33 put a track by them on our comp swap. That sounded great so i will definitely get them soon..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Want! I have their second, and it's great. $$$ of this one prohibits buying.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:07 pm

They are a pretty good band. Not always my type of style in a band so I have to be in the right mood to listen to it, but they are a good band!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Good band
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:54 pm

Really good band!! I don't have their first disc but Be Gone is a great cd well worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:12 pm

The End has these all for a very good price. I'm about to get #'s 1 & 3 in 3,2,1....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:26 pm

outstanding band. I think they have gotten better with each cd...

Alex

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:29 pm

I got sucked into The End's "if you like this band, you'll like this band" thing and picked up Phoenix Reign and Battleroar too!!. Hemorrhaging money!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:46 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I got sucked into The End's "if you like this band, you'll like this band" thing and picked up Phoenix Reign and Battleroar too!!. Hemorrhaging money!!

i just accept the fact its impossible to buy just one cd there Smile

Alex

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:45 am

I'm a little more picky with my "power metal" choices these days, but I like these guys. I have their 1st cd which I like very much and their other 2 are on my want list.

scottmitchell74

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:27 pm

If you guys like them I'd highly recommend Crescent Shield - Last Of My Kind - which is also a Cruz de Sol band. That's one of my 10-15 favorite albums ever.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:33 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
If you guys like them I'd highly recommend Crescent Shield - Last Of My Kind - which is also a Cruz de Sol band. That's one of my 10-15 favorite albums ever.

...and if you like Crescent Shield, I'd highly recommend Onward, which was the former band of C.S. vocalist Michael Grant.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:17 pm

Yeah, I have one of Onward's cds...it is amazing. That's becoming my favorite style - the New Wave Of Traditional (Power) Metal.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 9:42 am

I'm listening to the new ones I just got from The End. Pharaoh is swiftly climbing that ladder as one of my favorite bands!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Kmorg's Metal Metropolis reviews caused me to seek out this thread.

Pharaoh

Onward (thanks FF, now a big fan of them as well)

Crescent Shield (holy crap, they're awesome)

Cypher Seer (a little speedier more aggressive version of these bands)

These bands have really been to my liking lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pharaoh - BE GONE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pharaoh - BE GONE   Pharaoh - BE GONE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pharaoh - BE GONE
Page 1 of 1