Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rebel Meets Rebel

Go down 
+12
7thSaviour
Todd Jaymz
INVADERS
TheGooch
skullsmasher
mc666
nevermore
arttieTHE1manparty
Troublezone
sam
Fat Freddy
akeldama
16 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:39 pm

Any fans? I'm not a Pantera or a David Allan Coe fan but I find this disk to be really good.
Back to top Go down

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Great music, atrocious vocals. I kind of began to get used to the style, but then my brain said "Pffft!"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:00 pm

I heard a couple of tracks and thought it was decent enough, but D.A.C.'s vocals are the textbook definition of "acquired taste"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:06 pm

I thought it was pretty cool but, the vocals were quite strange.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:16 pm

I also agree that the vocals are terrible but the music is good.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:24 pm

Yeah, I agree with the vocals being a little, meh. I think Hank III would've done better or better yet Steve Earle.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Hit and miss. I like Coe, but the music is kind of bland at times.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:34 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Hit and miss. I like Coe, but the music is kind of bland at times.

Arttie

That's how I felt about this.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:07 am

not my thing. i do not like anything remotely tied to country music. i just don't.

skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:42 am

I bought this about a year ago and played it through a few times, it went up on the shelf and hasn't come down since. I guess I need to play it again to give it a fair shake but the fact that I really can't remember much about says something.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:44 pm

i always wanted to heaer this but it is not available in europe due too it being released on vinnies own label
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:15 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i always wanted to heaer this but it is not available in europe due too it being released on vinnies own label

youtube it.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:31 am

- I thought it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:57 pm

There are a few songs I liked, DAC weird vokills but I think part pf it was his bad ass attitude they liked.-TJ
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:39 pm

I've heard some samples of RMR, and I must say I was impressed! I'm a fan of both Pantera and DAC, so naturally I liked what I heard! I plan to buy this album eventually. R.I.P. Dimebag!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Hah, I must be the weird one here. I love this album.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:26 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Hah, I must be the weird one here. I love this album.

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 am

I didn't find it all that bad. Its the only thing I like with the Abbott brothers.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:42 am

I got it for the Abbott brothers involvement. I've heard of Coe, but was not familiar with his vocals ofr style. I like it well enough, the vocals don't bother me much. Could it be better? Sure, but it's not bad for what it is.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:47 am

This CD will go great with a few shots of liquor! :glee:
Back to top Go down

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:48 am

When I think of David Allen Coe the word that comes to mind is not Rebel...it's Redneck.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:50 am

detuned wrote:
When I think of David Allen Coe the word that comes to mind is not Rebel...it's Redneck.
He's both-a redneck rebel! He is revered down here in GA! humble
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:00 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
This CD will go great with a few shots of liquor! :glee:

Good call! Throw in some Brand New Sin albums while you're at it, and let's get wasted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rebel Meets Rebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebel Meets Rebel   Rebel Meets Rebel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebel Meets Rebel
Page 1 of 1