Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raging Mediocrity (AKA music courtesy of me)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Raging Mediocrity (AKA music courtesy of me) Empty
PostSubject: Raging Mediocrity (AKA music courtesy of me)   Raging Mediocrity (AKA music courtesy of me) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Out of little more than boredem, I decided to set up a Myspace account for me to upload any songs I get the chance to record myself. As it stands, material is pretty scarce due to a lack of recording equipment, but still opinions never hurt.

http://www.myspace.com/ragingmediocrity

There's only two songs on there thus far, the first, 'Walk With The Herd' I think I linked to at some point in a slightly less developed form. Admittedly, I haven't changed much other than cut the length - the double-take vocals are still very odd sounding (as well as the performance being of varying quality, but hey, I never claimed to be a singer), the lead guitar tone is a bit rubbish and there is some slightly sloppy playing, but I still maintain it's a fun song with some tongue-in-cheek Skyclad-styled misanthropy for lyrics. The second, 'Don't Stress', is just some acoustic thing I threw together for a friend's online radio show at some point over summer. Nothing flashy, but I think it's a decent little ditty. Probably benefit from some real vocals over it, as it seems a bit bare as just an instrumental but for now I'll leave it as is.

I have a bunch of songs I'd like to record, but at the moment I don't have access to an 8-track, so anything more added will be done through the wonders of a poor quality computer microphone. However, if all goes to plan, I might be able to get a band together fairly soon. And as per usual, I've rambled incessently so I'll leave it that. Feel free to toss honest opinions my way.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Raging Mediocrity (AKA music courtesy of me) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raging Mediocrity (AKA music courtesy of me)   Raging Mediocrity (AKA music courtesy of me) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 pm

The vocals remind me of Jello Biafra in some ways. Its a good start though. Keep up with it.
Back to top Go down

Raging Mediocrity (AKA music courtesy of me)
Page 1 of 1