Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enola G-a-y

Go down 
+7
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
kmorg
MetalGuy71
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Anyone familiar with the band Enola G-a-y (excuse the spelling, by-passing the filter) from Germany? While I was looking through the discount section at Century Media, I saw their disc Strange Encounter for $6 bucks. They are described as power metal with a slight Nevermore vibe. Is this accurate? I read Ult's review and it sounded pretty decent.

Anyone else?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:04 pm

I've only heard a song on a compilation album. And that made them go right on my wantlist. That's all I know.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:05 pm

GREAT band! 🤘

I would say that description is pretty accurate - Some Speed Metal influence can be thrown in as well.

And how come you can't write merry? Is it offensive? scratch
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:12 pm

How come "g a y" is considered a filtered word here? What the?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:28 pm

Required Fields wrote:
How come "g a y" is considered a filtered word here? What the?

Read the rules. Check the pat with -isms

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone familiar with the band Enola G-a-y (excuse the spelling, by-passing the filter) from Germany? While I was looking through the discount section at Century Media, I saw their disc Strange Encounter for $6 bucks. They are described as power metal with a slight Nevermore vibe. Is this accurate? I read Ult's review and it sounded pretty decent.

Anyone else?

Love 'em. Totally underrated power metal band. 🤘

Didn't know "gay" was a filtered word. That's merry! Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:34 pm

I have STRANGE ENCOUNTER... it's a pretty cool disc. I'd say Nevermore would be a decent comparison, though they're not quite as technical as Nevermore can be.

They did a great cover of "Heaven & Hell" on Century Media's HOLY DIO tribute album, that's what prompted me to seek out more of their material.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Just got Strange Encounter in a trade from Coma.
Haven`t had time to listen to it yet, but will come back with my thoughts on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:55 am

I think I'll have to pick this up, sounds interesting. CM Distro has a coupla other things in that discount section that I'm gonna get so I might add this to the list.

So much for my cd spending freeze. Enola G-a-y 82702

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:09 am

Im only familiar with the Holy Dio track but that is a good track!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:11 am

I think "Pressure" is my favorite, but all three of their albums are good IMO.

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:39 pm

I have only Pressure. I love this one, they are very melodical but also heavy and powerful. They do a very good Beatles cover on this CD.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:01 am

I just got Strange Encounter last saturday. It's very very good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:48 am

Ha-ha. Almost 3 years later and I still never purchased this (on any other Enola ga-hey) discs. Ah well. Guess I don't miss them that much.

EDIT: 10 years later and still no Enola Gay in my collection. Dang?! 10 years I've been wasting time here?

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:57 am

A friend offered to pay me 40$ for Starnge Encounter!

Weird. Is it that valuable already?
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:03 am

Gilbert wrote:
A friend offered to pay me 40$ for Starnge Encounter!

Weird. Is it that valuable already?

No.
It goes for under 2$ at Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 11:27 am

Zombie thread...back from the dead.... urrrrgh...

I dusted off Enola Gay's Strange Encounter for the ride to work this AM. Haven't listened to it in quite some time, still some pretty good crunchy stuff, tho I gotta say the singer's heavy German accent does lend some unintentional comedy to the vocals.

I found myself wondering whatever happened to this band, so I looked'em up on Metal Archives - looks like Strange Encounter was their last album, M.A. sez they're "split up." Oh well.

...side note, looks like "Gay" is no longer a "filtered" word on this forum. Progress! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 am

gay was filtered

Enola G-a-y 576953  This is not

Razz
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Zombie thread...back from the dead.... urrrrgh...

I dusted off Enola Gay's Strange Encounter for the ride to work this AM. Haven't listened to it in quite some time, still some pretty good crunchy stuff, tho I gotta say the singer's heavy German accent does lend some unintentional comedy to the vocals.

I found myself wondering whatever happened to this band, so I looked'em up on Metal Archives - looks like Strange Encounter was their last album, M.A. sez they're "split up." Oh well.

...side note, looks like "Gay" is no longer a "filtered" word on this forum. Progress! Very Happy

I was just going to try typing the word in when I saw the thread, but since I was beaten to the punch, oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

Enola G-a-y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enola G-a-y   Enola G-a-y Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enola G-a-y
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: