Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vanden Plas

Go down 
+3
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
exact33
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Vanden Plas Band

Any fans??

They were a huge band for me a few years ago. I bought The God Thing and was blown away!! I had Colour Temple, Far Off Grace & Beyond Daylight as well...Christo kinda lost me, though...

Now I hear they're doing a Rock Opera of Christo??

Anyway...who else loves these guys?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:53 pm

i kinda liked them but Christ () lost me as well. If I want metallic prog its Circus Maximus for me Smile

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Circus Maximus is good...for sure.

I just remember hearing The God Thing and being mesmerized...awesome stuff! I gotta break that stuff out...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 pm

I really need to listen to The God Thing again. Its been ages...

Alex

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:32 pm

I am blown away everytime I listen to them, but I don't listen nearly enough. It's the curse of too many albums/not enough time.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:48 pm

I had Christ O and it was good, but lost me with the wankery.
Back to top Go down

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:54 pm

Ha! I only own Christ 0 and I love it. Never heard anything else by them.

First off, Randy Kuntz is just a stupidly hilarious name. Secondly, anyone ever listen to his Abydos side-project? Great album. But it's far more rock opera than not. Still a great listen. I know they did an actually Broadway-like show for that album. Or was that Christ 0?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:40 am

I haven't heard them since "Accult", which was a long time ago. That one isn't metal at all, but just very nice melodic prog and highly recommended. I need to check out some of the recent heavier stuff, but alas like many of you, it's hard to find the time.
Back to top Go down

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:11 am

Gesundheit.
Back to top Go down

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:12 am

Eyesore - It's Andy Kuntz...not Randy.

Also, if you've only ever heard Christo, you NEED to get The God Thing...a much more cohesive, intense album IMO...

Accult was thier "unplugged" album...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:58 pm

My favosite will always be Far Off Grace. But I've liked everything they've done so far. My only problem is that although I love the music, it has no staying power. I can't remember a song of theirs off hand, even at gunpoint.

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore - It's Andy Kuntz...not Randy.
Ah, you're right. I confused myself. Randy Kuntz is what my childish mind thinks of when I see his name.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:03 pm

I've been meaning to get something from these guys. The first time I had it in my mind, I forgot the name of the band and ended up getting an album from Pallas instead (good band but a totally different kind of prog).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:50 am

Just discovered these guys and, well--can't get past the fact that the opening track, Holes in the Sky, on The Seraphic Clockwork is directly ripping off Pull Me Under in several instances. Even the keys are straight-up Moore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vanden Plas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanden Plas   Vanden Plas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vanden Plas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: