Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ween

Go down 
+2
DeathCult
Stender
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:07 pm

Anybody heard of this ultra-great alternative/psychodelic rock band? My fav band of all time...I love their God Ween Satan: the oneness" album. Listening to Ween is like watching those old episodes of "Doctor Who" from the 70's and 80's era of the show when an episode could be either dramatically brilliant or utter shite. Ween songs are similar because they never really saw themselves as a band perse, ecspecially in the early years with albums like God Satan and The pod, it was more like a salvia trip commentary put to noise. They were concerned with something else entirely and definately not on writing hit songs. One thing for sure is that no matter what album you pick up by them, you will always find a large number of songs you like due to the fact that an album encompasses about five different genres whether it be Funk, lo-fi, punk, pop, and metal all slam packed into one record or that almost every disc had between 12 and 29 songs.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:35 pm

I love them, they crack me up. 12 Golden Country hits is a priceless album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:24 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I love them, they crack me up. 12 Golden Country hits is a priceless album.

Yeah dude, Golden country greats rules. Its all about "Piss up a rope" on that one.

Its funny...I would say Ween is the greatest band of all time, Then I would be like no they can't be...I spent 10 minutes one day trying to think of a band actually better and I couldnt...they must be the greatest!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:51 pm

I have to say they are one of my top bands as well. I love these guys, and I love all thier albums but I have to admit I am a bit disappointed with the last one La Cucaracha. One of my least favorite by them.

I seen them live in the summer and they are still just as amazing live as they were in the early 90's.

If I had to pic I would say : The Mollusk, White Pepper, and Quebec are my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Only heard a few songs. They were pretty good though, certainly appealing to my Primus obsession. So far I'd say my favorite song by them is Voodoo Lady.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:34 am

mez wrote:
I have to say they are one of my top bands as well. I love these guys, and I love all thier albums but I have to admit I am a bit disappointed with the last one La Cucaracha. One of my least favorite by them.

I seen them live in the summer and they are still just as amazing live as they were in the early 90's.

If I had to pic I would say : The Mollusk, White Pepper, and Quebec are my favorite.

I liked La cucaracha quite a bit...I just wished it was more like the first two instead of carrying on that more pop theme of Quebec and white pepper.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:59 pm

I LOVE Ween! What started out as a bit of a joke band by a couple of collage geeks has evolved into one of the more interesting bands of today!

If you like Ween also check out the Residents, Flaming Lips and Of Montreal!!!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:50 pm

I really like The Flaming Lips as well, Yoshimi is an epic masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 2:14 am

Yes it is!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:02 pm

Anybody heard the Live at cats cradle 92' live disc yet? I think its probably the best live recording of Ween I have heard. It was recorded back when ween was still using the cassette player at shows and it was still just Mickey and Aaron so everything has a unique pace and crowd participation considering they were restricted somewhat by a rhythm...pretty cool release, I recomend!
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:46 pm

I LOVE WEEN!!! Incredible band. I just wish they would get out and tour more often.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 pm

chucksteak wrote:
I LOVE WEEN!!! Incredible band. I just wish they would get out and tour more often.

I live in Oregon, and I had a chance to see them when they hit up Portland in 08....LITERALLY my favorate band!
Back to top Go down

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 pm

I've been a fan ever since I first heard this song...

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:58 pm

detuned wrote:
I've been a fan ever since I first heard this song...

Check out the 1993 Ween spot on the Jane Pratt show doing Freedom of 76' if you havent seen already Detuned...their totally high as F***, but its a great rendition of the song back when they were still in highschool. You can find it on youtube.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:44 pm

dem boys were way out of high school in 93. Gonna find the clip though it sounds cool!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:30 pm

chucksteak wrote:
dem boys were way out of high school in 93. Gonna find the clip though it sounds cool!

I may be wrong, but I thought they first started taping stuff in 87 or 88 which was their first year of school...oh, I guess if its 93 then they have been out for about a year, my bad.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Stender wrote:
chucksteak wrote:

I may be wrong, but I thought they first started taping stuff in 87 or 88 which was their first year of school...oh, I guess if its 93 then they have been out for about a year, my bad.

well I'm not positive but I thought they were a little older than that. Anywho I did watch that clip you were talking about and it was interesting. And yeah they did look awfully young.

I love Ween and have got to see them 3 times live but it seems that they don't tour much. But then again they are a band you don't hear about much. If it isn't on blabbermouth than I am probably in the dark. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ween Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ween   Ween Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ween
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: