Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sounds Of Music

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:09 pm

OK, since the board is obviously being overhauled, now seems like as good a time as any to get clarification on what's supposed to go in the Sounds Of Music forum. The description says "non-heavy metal/hard rock...".

My interpretation of that is that all "non-heavy metal" AND "non-hard rock" bands/music go there. Others here seem to think that the "non" prefix only applies to "heavy metal" and that hard rock should go here as well.

Since the other Heart of Metal forums are described as "heavy metal and hard rock", I don't think the latter interpretation makes much sense.

So...what is supposed to go in Sounds Of Music?

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Having 4 separate music forums is unecessary...Metal Bands, Metal in general, Non-Rock/Metal and Music in general??? Way too fragmented...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:26 pm

When ever you post a band that is hard rock such as when I did Alice In Chains or Stone Temple Pilots somebody would complain and move it to It's Only Rock N Roll, even thou it clearly states heavy metal/hard rock, so I gave up and put most bands under Rock n Roll. Life is too short to argue who does or doesn't belong to heavy metal/hard thread.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:29 pm

My intentions was to have 1 room for metal bands, and hard rock is on that category, and 1 for non-metal / non-hard rock. So the Sound Of Music is for Everything non-metal related.

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:31 pm

So what's Let The Music Do The Talking??

All ya'll had to do was make a Polls/Games area and move some of the nonsense from Heart Of Metal to Unsound Mind...you over-thought it...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:36 pm

I did that too. But there are loads of thread that are about music, but no specific bands. Those now goe in the Let the Music do the Talking area.

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:38 pm

kmorg wrote:
I did that too. But there are loads of thread that are about music, but no specific bands. Those now goe in the Let the Music do the Talking area.

If its Metal/Hard Rock music, it goes in HoM...if it's not, it goes in Sounds Of Music...

Separating Band talk from Music talk makes no sense...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
kmorg wrote:

If its Metal/Hard Rock music, it goes in HoM...if it's not, it goes in Sounds Of Music...

Separating Band talk from Music talk makes no sense...

It makes sense for those who asked to have it that way.

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:58 pm

How in the world can anyone talk about Music and NOT talk about teh bands who make it???
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
How in the world can anyone talk about Music and NOT talk about teh bands who make it???

Did you even look in that room?

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:10 pm

kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yes, that's where the Non-Metal/Hard Rock bands are...but why do we need SoM AND Let The Music Do The Talking (a "general music" forum) when everything that IS "Non-Metal/Hard Rock" on a Metal Forum IS General?

It's redundant...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yes, that's where the Non-Metal/Hard Rock bands are...but why do we need SoM AND Let The Music Do The Talking (a "general music" forum) when everything that IS "Non-Metal/Hard Rock" on a Metal Forum IS General?

It's redundant...

It's a general music area for NO SPECIFIC BANDS, get it? Like the history of metal threads, the top 5 ska bands thread, the Alice Cooper is funny threads etc.

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 pm

OK...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
OK...

Cool, I win! very happy

lol! just kidding

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Sounds Of Music 647664
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sounds Of Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds Of Music   Sounds Of Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sounds Of Music
Page 1 of 1