Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A visit from Squeal

Go down 
+5
Schbopo
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
Thrasher73
HarmonicSqueal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
HarmonicSqueal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 55

A visit from Squeal Empty
PostSubject: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:33 pm

Hey what's up friends and neighbors and other unfamiliar faces. Just dropped in to say hello. Today is like the first time in ages that I've been able to actually surf a bit so I opted to pop in real quick.

I just joined a new band here in Phoenix called BlindSeven. They're kind of a progressive metal gig, with flavors similar to Dream Theater & Megadeth. Nice & crunchy and I'm enjoying myself. First show with them is on Halloween and they're getting gung ho booking more shows. I have a few of their songs up on my Myspace if you want to check them out. It's www.myspace.com/harmonicsqueal

This should keep me busy enough between Ultimatum shows! lol!

Later,
Justin
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/harmonicsqueal
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Cool deal Justin.Glad everythings goin good for ya.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:59 pm

Cool. Looking forward to hearing you bro.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:49 pm

Rock on!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:51 pm

I like your username
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:11 pm

Prog? Phoenix? I'll be keeping an eye out!

- Robbie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:09 am

How many bands are you/have you been in in the last 4 years? Man, pick one and BLOW UP!

Stop by more often, we miss ya and what ever kind of facial hair you are currently sportin'. And give Trog 333 hugs from all the HoM-ies.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:39 am

you go man
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:44 am

HoM-ies? I like that lol!

And hello to HS too!

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:38 pm

I thought Tykkus was going to give it another shot.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:05 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:

Me too.... Sad

Maybe he's just doing all three. What's up, Justin? Say hi to Randy for me.
Back to top Go down
HarmonicSqueal
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:33 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:

Nope. Here's a cut and paste from a blog I posted up on crackspace butt dance . That's a whole lot easier than me sitting here pounding on the keyboard as I'm trying to recover from a night of headbanging with Opeth 🤘

Friday, August 22, 2008

Okay, so let’s put the rumors to rest

I can't tell you how many emails and PM's I've received asking about a Tykkus reunion. Truth be told, I can't blame anyone for asking...I know that a number of comments have been posted here and there that state that without a doubt, Tykkus was getting back together.

Point: don't believe everything that you read on the internet.

Interestingly enough, the morning after I posted my last blog, I got a call from my friend and ex-Tykkus drummer, Steve. He and Dale (Burton, Tykkus co-guitarist) and been talking and decided to have an impromptu jam, and invited me to come down. I promised to think and pray about it, and as it turned out, several hours later I decided why not and made the trek across town to crash the jam.

I listened to the tunes and we talked for awhile, and as one would expect, the topic of a Tykkus reunion came up. Possibly? Maybe? I dunno. Honestly, I wasn't that interested in jumping in and picking up where we'd left off last year. The idea of getting back together to rehearse Born to Die and Warfare in order to start booking gigs just held no appeal to me.

There's nothing wrong with testing the waters, I guess. Over the year since we had played together, God had been moving in each of our lives and had definitely healed a few hurts, and maybe that was the whole reason He called us back together. Talk soon turned to perhaps leaving Tykkus in retirement and forming a completely new band, similar yet different in style to what we had been used to. So, we jammed a couple of times, bounced new ideas off one another, powered up the amps and sweated like beasts in the non-air conditioned environment of Steve's garage. Ah, just like the old days.

But…that's the extent of it. After continuing to pray about it, I realized that I had little joy when we got together. It just wasn't there anymore. Nothing against Dale or Steve, but it just felt forced, like the proverbial square peg in the round hole. The more I asked for direction, the clearer the answer became, so I decided to bow out of the project. And no, there was no drama involved. We're all still good friends and wing nights at Pullano's are being planned.

So that's the scoop, friends of Squeal. I'm continuing to write and still fully intend to head into the studio soon to start tracking. I mean, really, I have free access to a studio, so it's just a matter of finding the time to take advantage of it.
Back to top Go down
HarmonicSqueal
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:40 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Maybe he's just doing all three. What's up, Justin? Say hi to Randy for me.

Nah, just Ultimatum & BlindSeven.

Randy is doing well and is back in his house. Now that all of the electrical repairs are done, he's getting ready to start working on soundproofing his garage, and if I can talk him into it, throwing a bit of air conditioning that way because he is just about ready to get the live version of TD going. So, yeah, I may find myself in 3 bands after all, of course time will tell if I can coordinate schedules so that I'm not an absent father & husband.
Back to top Go down
HarmonicSqueal
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:53 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
How many bands are you/have you been in in the last 4 years? Man, pick one and BLOW UP!

Huh? There have just been a couple, Tykkus and Ultimatum. I'll likely be working with Trog in TD sometime, but that's been on the back burner for a couple of years now. Mrs. Squeal would kick my teeth in if every non-work hour was spent with a band.

lol!

Quote :
Stop by more often, we miss ya and what ever kind of facial hair you are currently sportin'. And give Trog 333 hugs from all the HoM-ies.

LOL
Will try. It is usually so friggin busy at work that being online is a joke and by the time I get home, I *might* check email and that's about it.

Then you have the corporate wankers that frown on my extracurricular web activities while at work. Told them today to buzz off, I'm here for emergencies only today and not to bother me.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:47 pm

definitely hear the Labrie + Mustaine sounding voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A visit from Squeal   A visit from Squeal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A visit from Squeal
Page 1 of 1