Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bob Marley and the Wailers

Go down 
+8
Shiney
Fat Freddy
jstate
Schbopo
DeathCult
Stender
manny
akeldama
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Bob Marley and the Wailers Empty
PostSubject: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:06 pm

Any fans? I've got every official release,deluxe editions,box set,etc. One of my all time faves to listen to.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:30 pm

Yep I am fan, I have "Catch a Fire" and "Exodus" another great artist
who left us too young. My friend owns that box set, for years it was a
collector's edition since they only printed a limited number of them,
and they came individually numbered. He was upset when they re-released
the set in wider circulation.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Love Marley and the Wailers. I remember the first time I heard Bob Marley was in either the third or fourth grade music class and our music teacher was really cool and would teach us to sing songs like "3 little birds" and others.

I went to a Ziggy Marley concert a few years back in Eugene Oregon and I remember walking thru the door and walking right into the yellow haze. Very Happy Man, contact high on entry!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:04 pm

Love him. Exodus and Greatest hits are the only two offical albums I own, I bought a couple of those cheap multi disc comps so I could get max music from him Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:08 am

Bob Marley and the Wailers Differentstuff002
Bob Marley and the Wailers Differentstuff003-1

You could say so...

Until the color of a mans skin is of no more importance than the color of his eyes - I say WAR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 1:11 am

And if ya ever wanna trade boots, akeldama, as we both have everything, let me know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:30 pm

Legends! Best group ever.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:24 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
And if ya ever wanna trade boots, akeldama, as we both have everything, let me know.

Sounds good Sax, BTW I dig the tat. humble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Thanks - looks way cooler in person. and I got a zug on his nose right now. haha
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:59 pm

Nice side boob Sax.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:28 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Nice side boob Sax.

Bob Marley and the Wailers Sideboob
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:27 pm

The Bad Brains led me into reggae, but for some reason it was Aswad, Steel Pulse, and Third World at first. Later in college came Bob Marley. The first one I ever owned was the Songs Of Freedom box.

My favorite will always be Survival. Easily a top ten album of any genre for me.

I also really love the African Herbsman re-release Trojan put out a few years back.

Cool ink Sax. If I wasn't afraid of needles and thought I could find a good enough artist I would go for the Confrontation album cover.

Next we need to start a thread for Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:49 am

I saw Bunny on his last tour ['88?]. Now he refuses to leave the island.

And Tosh, well, just seeing his name in print pisses me off like nothing. This is not just an urban legend, it has been fully documented. But when Peters heart stopped beating, lightning struck the scaffolding where the Pope was speaking in Miami. If ya know anything about Tosh's agenda, that is freaky stuff!

I still go see the Wailers every time they are in town, every couple of years. At first I thought it was a rip off to use the Wailers name. But After I was them the first time, it was mucho apparent they are just continuing to spread the message and tour and record in the name of the Honorable Robert Nesta Marley, O.M.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:53 am

My wife was watching Country Music Television yesterday and the video came on for Kenny Chesney's latest single (the name slips my mind) ... it's a collaboration with The Wailers. I thought that was a rather odd combo.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:57 am

I like Bob and them just fine. I own Catch a Fire, and it's pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:58 am

Feel free to slap me silly, but this is one genre of music I have never been able to get into...at all...I appreciate the messages and all of some of it's pioneers, but stylistically it does nothing for me..

I like some reggaeish tinges in other music (BAD BRAINS, THE POLICE, THE SPECIALS) but thats about it...

I'll b back ina few with my helmet then you all can start throwing stuff....

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:03 pm

I'll send ya a book on Rasta, that will give you a different perspective. It is everything you already believe, reaggae is just a soundtrack to the life you already lead. Seems strange....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:06 pm

And thanks everyone more admiring my tits! They are my personal treasures. Yes, yes you are - aren't you my sweet little things. Ahh, there, there, don't worry about those hairs. That is natural when a young tit reaches maturity...perfectly normal...

Ummm, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Quote :
Cool ink Sax. If I wasn't afraid of needles and thought I could find a good enough artist I would go for the Confrontation album cover.

Get over it. It is the most beautiful pain a male can endure. Ask anyone who has ink. It is freaking addicting. I would be covered, if I did not own a business in the legal industry.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:41 pm

They're like one of those bands that no matter what genre you listen to, you can like them. I've got a couple of their releases. I've got an old version of Live! on LP, that used to be my dad's. Great music. Do you guys have anything by Ziggy Marley or Damian Marley?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:54 pm

I've only got Legend. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:43 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
They're like one of those bands that no matter what genre you listen to, you can like them. I've got a couple of their releases. I've got an old version of Live! on LP, that used to be my dad's. Great music. Do you guys have anything by Ziggy Marley or Damian Marley?

I got Jahmekya,Free Like We Want 2 B,Fallen Is Babylon, & Love Is My Religion from Ziggy Marley and Mind Control from Stephen Marley.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:46 pm

akeldama wrote:

I got Jahmekya,Free Like We Want 2 B,Fallen Is Babylon, & Love Is My Religion from Ziggy Marley and Mind Control from Stephen Marley.

Jahmekya's a good album.

I don't if you guys are into him, but Damian Marley's Welcome To Jamrock is pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
MusicTilDeath
Metal novice
Metal novice
MusicTilDeath

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:08 pm

I just got Exodus for christmas. its my first album by Marley. I'm enjoying it, which one should i get next? thanks.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:52 pm

I have about 4 of their albums. Legends indeed. I would also recommend Dennis Brown (Bob's favorite artist). Always loved the fact that Bob converted from Rastafarianism to Ethiopian Orthodox about 6 months before he passed. Too bad he didn't put out any music to reflect his change in heart/mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Marley and the Wailers   Bob Marley and the Wailers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bob Marley and the Wailers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: