Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s

Go down 
+13
Hamer12
manny
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
Todd Jaymz
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Troublezone
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:21 pm

kmorg wrote:

Just imagine the size of your willie, and multiply that with 100

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:25 pm

2 meters tall would be roughly 6 and a half feet, Spec. (Google is my friend).

I've seen Dee Snider up close (when I saw Widowmaker live many years ago) and can vouch for his immense tallness. He's a big dude.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I've seen Dee Snider up close (when I saw Widowmaker live many years ago) and can vouch for his immense tallness. He's a big dude.

But if he's 2 meters tall, isn't he your size, Freddy?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:27 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

But if he's 2 meters tall, isn't he your size, Freddy?

I may be a smidge taller, but it'd be close.
Dee is in way better shape than I am though (or at least he was when I saw him with Widowmaker, the dude was pretty buffed out back then) so that just made him look bigger!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:13 pm

Being in a band for quite a few years, I have entirely too many to mention. One stands out, we had a gig at Louisiana College, we had just gotten a new PA, this was a large venue so during soundcheck we wanted to see just how loud it was. We cranked it up & a HUGE light fixture in the center of the room came crashing down about 30 feet & took out about 20 seats. The ceiling had been leaking & rotted out the beam. Thank God it did'nt happen during the show. The show went on as normal, minus 20 seats.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:24 pm

When I was in Deliverance we were booked to play a gig in Fontana Ca. We thought the club was all ages. When we got there we were told it was 21 and over.

So we ordered pizza for dinner which we ate on stage while playing to a room of two drunk old ladies, a bartender who kept asking us to play Hendrix ,a few road crew, and about 40 people who sat outside the club,and listened through the door...

Too top it off, Jimmy blew out his amp. So we played with just me on guitar. The best part was watching Jimmy screaming a high note on the song Awake with a slice of pizza in his hand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:26 pm

That's hilarious! Jimmy ate alot of pizza back then, huh?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:29 pm

Quote :
The best part was watching Jimmy screaming a high note on the song Awake with a slice of pizza in his hand.

Now that would make a priceless pic!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
When I was in Deliverance we were booked to play a gig in Fontana Ca. We thought the club was all ages. When we got there we were told it was 21 and over.

So we ordered pizza for dinner which we ate on stage while playing to a room of two drunk old ladies, a bartender who kept asking us to play Hendrix ,a few road crew, and about 40 people who sat outside the club,and listened through the door...

Too top it off, Jimmy blew out his amp. So we played with just me on guitar. The best part was watching Jimmy screaming a high note on the song Awake with a slice of pizza in his hand.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:57 am

Just thought of another concert-going disaster... I went to see a KISS tribute band years ago (I forget if it was "Strutter" or "Hotter Than Hell," they both played my area frequently back then and I used to see them both a lot) and they must've packed one of their flash bombs with too much powder because when it went off, it blew out a bunch of ceiling tiles from above the stage. They had to stop the show so the crew could come out and clean up the mess. At the time we thought that was pretty funny, but years later when the Station Nightclub fire happened I thought to myself "Wow, maybe I kinda dodged a bullet that night"

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:05 am

I was chit-chatting with my brother last night and he reminded me of another concert going cluster-#$%! experience we had back in the day: back in '88 we got tickets to see AC/DC (on the BLOW UP YOUR VIDEO tour) at the Meadowlands Arena here in New Jersey. I had just gotten my driver's license about six weeks prior to the show and my Dad was going to let us take his car there solo (because he didn't wanna be bothered driving us there and then waiting outside the arena for hours waiting for us to come out). Since I was a very new driver at the time, I was clueless about how to get to the concert, so to show me the best route to and from the arena, Dad took me on a "dry run" down there and back on a Sunday afternoon before the show. On the night of the show, I got us there with no problem. However, when leaving the arena after the concert, I was unprepared for the sheer volume of traffic all trying to get out of the parking lot at once and quickly became totally discombobulated. Stuck in a flow of traffic, I somehow wound up on the New Jersey Turnpike instead of the road I was supposed to take, which I had never driven on before and had no idea where I was headed or how to get back in the right direction. My brother (who's a year younger than me, so he wasn't old enough to drive yet, therefore he was no help as a navigator) was in the passenger's seat nervously asking me "Um... you do know where you're going, right Keith?... I said 'right, Keith? Are you listening to me? YOU DO KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING, DON'T YOU, KEITH?" while I continued to drive, knuckles white on the steering wheel, heading off to the great unknown. We eventually came to a toll booth and I practically dragged the toll taker guy out of the booth and asked him (totally panicked by this time) how to get back on the proper road. Fortunately he kept his directions simple enough that I was able to get going in the right direction with no problem and we did eventually make it home. I made a mental note to work on improving my sense of direction after that experience Laughing

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:02 pm

I was playing in a band that was one of 6 bands playing at The Country Club in Reseda, Calif during a week-end "christian band" thing they often did. 6 bands on a Friday evening and 6 on Saturday evening. The bar was closed down of course.
I believe Barren Cross was headliner on one night and Holy Soldier the next. Anyways, during our set...we did two and a half songs and the brain for the drum triggers we decided to use instead of mics went on vacation. No matter which drum I hit, it triggered the 16" floor tom. Thus the same boom boom boom. They used the overheads from the cymbals to mic the bass drums snare and kinda sorta the toms, but it was lame.
Never used triggers again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s   Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concert-going Cluster@#$%'s
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: