Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Simpsons episodes?

Go down 
+8
exact33
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
caniplaywithmadness?
Fat Freddy
mc666
Required Fields
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Favorite Simpsons episodes? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 7:18 pm

1. Homer's Enemy (the episode where Frank Grimes becomes Homer's co-worker...and enemy)
2. New Kid on the Block (the episode where Bart develops a crush on Laura Powers, a new neighbor)
3. Homer Badman (the episode where Homer is accused of sexual harassment)
4. Homer the Heretic (the episode where Homer tries to start his own religion)
5. Krusty Gets Kancelled (the episode where Gabbo wins over many of Krusty's fans)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:27 am

i like the early ones best, when Homer actually acted somewhat like a father.

i guess though my favorite episode is the one where Bart & Ralf hang out together & steal Chief Wiggums keys. i don't know the episodes actual name.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 8:46 am

Great thread... HUGE Simpsons fan here! I've been watching it faithfully ever since "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" (aka "The Simpsons Christmas Special") first premiered many years ago.

Some of my favorite episodes...(don't know them all by title)

1. The one where Springfield legalizes gay marriage, so Homer becomes an ordained minister via the internet and starts marrying couples in his garage

2. "Rosebud," in which The Ramones play "Happy Birthday" at Mr. Burns' birthday party (Joey Ramone: "We'd just like to say that this gig SUCKS!" Johnny Ramone: "Yea, up yours, Springfield!")

3. "Mister Plow" featuring Homer and Barney Gumble as battling snow-plow titans (Adam "Batman" West's cameo in this one is simply priceless..."Sure, I'm Batman! Look, here's a picture of me with Robin!" Bart: "Who the hell is Robin?")

4. "Cape Feare" starring Sideshow Bob (although any Sideshow Bob episode is comedy gold) Homer: "HEY BART, WANNA SEE MY NEW CHAINSAW AND HOCKEY MASK?? Oh, yeah... that whole Sideshow Bob thing... what was I thinking? Oh well, g'nite"

5. "Colonel Homer," where Homer becomes the manager of country singer Lurleen Lumpkin (Homer to Moe: "You got any Fudd?" Moe: "Fudd? Isn't that the beer that made all those hillbillies go blind?")

I could go on and on cuz those are just the tip of the iceberg, but you get the idea. I can't wait for the Simpsons Movie to open in July!!!
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:33 am

my favourite episode is called 'you only move twice' and is the one when homer moves house to work for a company and doesn't realise hes working for a terrorist, hank scorpio. i'm not keen on the new ones. that one when marge is on steriods is a bit disturbing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:36 pm

I have two but I can't think of the episode names.

One I can think of is the episode where Homer heads to Italy with the family to pick up Burn's new sports car and they find Sideshow Bob is the mayor of the town.

and the other is where Barney leaves Homer's car in New York and Homer and the family head of to get it back.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 1:23 pm

2 of my favorites are the Monorail episode and the one with the Flaming Moe, which guest-starred Aerosmith.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 5:18 pm

Locky wrote:
and the other is where Barney leaves Homer's car in New York and Homer and the family head of to get it back.

That was another really good episode.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 9:23 am

Ha ! I always liked the Mr. Plow episode as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 2:57 pm

"Mister Plow, that's my name, that name again is Mister Plow!"
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 12:52 pm

"Mr. Plow is a loser and I think that he's a boozer"
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 12:56 pm

007 wrote:
Ha ! I always liked the Mr. Plow episode as well.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 am

Got a cool Simpsons related story that I thought my fellow fans might enjoy:
Yesterday afternoon I went to Ramapo College here in New Jersey to see Mike Reiss, a writer/producer on "The Simpsons," give a presentation called "The Simpsons: Inside America’s Favorite Family." It was a really fun show, kind of a combination stand up comedy/video presentation. Mike is a hell of a funny guy and told lots of good stories about his years working on the show, he showed a bunch of video clips from his favorite episodes of the Simpsons, as well as other projects like "The Critic" (which I also loved) and a new direct to DVD cartoon called "Queer Duck."

Unfortunately, Mike did NOT give us any scoop about the upcoming Simpsons movie, he said "I’ve been sworn to secrecy, if I told you anything then 20th Century Fox would have to kill me," all he would tell us is that the movie is going to be a ton of fun (well duh) and that it’s not going to be a bunch of 30-minute segments strung together, it’s going to be like one long stretched-out episode of the show, with better animation. At the end of the presentation he took questions from the audience and I got his autograph on the booklet to my "Songs in the Key of Springfield" CD, so that was fun.

Among the tidbits I learned from yesterday’s program:
*The character "Mister Bergstrom" (the substitute teacher that Lisa fell in love with, voiced by Dustin Hoffman) was modeled to look like Mike Reiss, cuz he wrote the episode. He joked to the animators that "Lisa’s a little on the weird side, so let’s make this guy deformed somehow," and thus the animators made Mister Bergstrom look EXACTLY like Mike.

*The reason Krusty and Homer look so similar is because at first, nobody thought the Simpsons was going to last more than six weeks, so Matt Groening had an idea that whenever they got cancelled, the big "reveal" in the final episode was going to be that Homer had secretly been moonlighting as Krusty on TV without the knowledge of the rest of the family. (He waited for that to sink in and then said "Yea, I know, that would’ve sucked huh? Good thing we never had to use it.") In the same "reveal" episode, it would’ve been revealed that the reason Marge’s hair is so tall is because it was concealing huge rabbit ears growing out of her head (a by-product of living so close to the nuclear plant).

*Out of all the celebrities who’ve guest voiced on the program, he said every one of them has been fun to work with except… OPRAH. He didn’t elaborate as to why, he just said, "That woman’s head is so big that she could play herself in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade." (To be honest, I don’t even remember Oprah being IN a Simpsons episode, but whatever…)

*When ABC cancelled "The Critic" he was told that "Well, the show is airing before Home Improvement, and we’re afraid your show is going to tarnish his reputation." He said "Tim Allen is a convicted cocaine dealer, he spent four years in prison, and my show is going to ruin HIS reputation?"

*Most embarrassing moment for him: he wrote a gag in an episode where Mr. Burns said "I’m no young matinee idol like that Rex Harrison," who at the time was an old time actor in his 80s. The week before the episode was to air, Rex Harrison died. To avoid being accused of bad taste (the episode had in fact been completed months earlier), the post-production department changed the line to "Redd Foxx." The day after the episode actually aired, Redd Fox died.

*Mike has many favorite episodes that he’s worked on, but he said his least favorite is the "Prank Monkey" episode, in which Homer takes a job as Mr. Burns’ "private jester" and winds up getting sodomized by a panda. He said "It was mean spirited, it just didn’t work." (When I was getting his autograph I told him "But I LOVED the panda episode!" and he told me "You’re sick.")
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 10:20 am

Quote :
(To be honest, I don’t even remember Oprah being IN a Simpsons episode, but whatever…)

If I remember correctly, it was an Oprah prime-time special. She appeared live, then it transitioned to her in cartoon form going to Springfield to interview "America's Favorite Family". I mostly remember it because throughout the episode, Homer constantly mispronounced Oprah's name, calling her Opie, Oafah, etc. I doubt it would ever see the light of day again because Oprah owns the rights to the show and it was during her "fat" period.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 11:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
(To be honest, I don’t even remember Oprah being IN a Simpsons episode, but whatever…)

If I remember correctly, it was an Oprah prime-time special. She appeared live, then it transitioned to her in cartoon form going to Springfield to interview "America's Favorite Family". I mostly remember it because throughout the episode, Homer constantly mispronounced Oprah's name, calling her Opie, Oafah, etc. I doubt it would ever see the light of day again because Oprah owns the rights to the show and it was during her "fat" period.

Hmm, I never knew about this special, but that must've been what he was talking about. Sounds like it's time for me to go look for a clip on YouTube! Smile Thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Hmm, I never knew about this special, but that must've been what he was talking about. Sounds like it's time for me to go look for a clip on YouTube! Smile Thanks for the tip!

Right after I posted, I went to YouTube to look for it, but came up with bupkiss. Maybe you'll have better luck than I.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Right after I posted, I went to YouTube to look for it, but came up with bupkiss. Maybe you'll have better luck than I.

I haven't had time to go looking for a clip yet but if I come across it I shall post a link here... 🤘
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 7:06 pm

I also like the episode where Bart and Lisa play hockey. "We won! We won! Umm...unfortunately, I bet on the other team, so we won't be going out for pizza."

Also the scene where the children at school are listening to Principal Skinner talk about students who have poor grades.
Skinner: All right, first academic alert: Wiggum, Ralph.
Ralph: I won, I won! (walks on stage)
Skinner: No no, Ralph, this means you're failing English.
Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:43 pm

one of my faves is bart the general where they fighy nelson

great quote from hermam as well

"its a classic pincer movement, it cant fail against a ten year old!"
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:16 pm

the one with the x-files!!

Alex

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:22 pm

exact33 wrote:
the one with the x-files!!

Alex

ohh thats a good one
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:09 pm

"Cape Feare" starring Sideshow Bob (although any Sideshow Bob episode is comedy gold) Homer: "HEY BART, WANNA SEE MY NEW CHAINSAW AND HOCKEY MASK?? Oh, yeah... that whole Sideshow Bob thing... what was I thinking? Oh well, g'nite"

Ahah hilarious.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:36 pm

I have favorite moments but not really favorite episodes (off the top of my head anyways):

When Bill Clinton says something to Lisa and Marge says, "Thats crummy advice!" and Clinton replied, "Hey, I was a crummy president.

When they parodied Fox News with messages at the bottom saying stuff like, "Being liberal has been equated with Satan worship" (not a direct quote-but stuff like that).

That episode where Bart and Lisa called Lucy Lawless Xena, and she corrected them. Later she flies down and saves them and Lisa says, "I didn't know Xena can fly", and she says, "I told you , I'M Lucy Lawless." "Oh!"

Or that time that Homer looked at his children and saw hair, colored eyes, and five fingers and screamed.

No, I do have a favorite episode, the one where Sideshow Bob was going after Bart in the vein of Cape Fear. That is the best episode ever!!!!!!

Quote :
"Cape Feare" starring Sideshow Bob (although any Sideshow Bob episode is comedy gold) Homer: "HEY BART, WANNA SEE MY NEW CHAINSAW AND HOCKEY MASK?? Oh, yeah... that whole Sideshow Bob thing... what was I thinking? Oh well, g'nite"

That and the rake sequence, "Hey, who wants to drive though the cactus patch!" Sideshow moans, "Nooo!" and Homer says "Oh, 5 against 1!".
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
2. "Rosebud," in which The Ramones play "Happy Birthday" at Mr. Burns' birthday party (Joey Ramone: "We'd just like to say that this gig SUCKS!" Johnny Ramone: "Yea, up yours, Springfield!")

Burns: Have the Rolling Stones killed
Smithers: But Sir...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:06 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Quote :

That and the rake sequence,

According to my handy-dandy reference guide, "The Simpsons: The Complete Guide To Our Favorite Family," Sideshow Bob steps on a total of nine rakes during that sequence, and he makes that same disgusted groaning noise after every one. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Quote :

That and the rake sequence,

According to my handy-dandy reference guide, "The Simpsons: The Complete Guide To Our Favorite Family," Sideshow Bob steps on a total of nine rakes during that sequence, and he makes that same disgusted groaning noise after every one. Laughing very hard

Also in a later episode he steps on another one and does it again. I remember seeing that episode and it got me completly by suprise and memories of the Cape Fear episode went flooding back.Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Simpsons episodes?   Favorite Simpsons episodes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Simpsons episodes?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next