Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimatum...last night's set.

Go down 
+11
Tall Tyrion
Rex
TheGooch
Schbopo
Fat Freddy
Olafsto
Lurideath
bgast1
scottmitchell74
mc666
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Ultimatum...last night's set. Empty
PostSubject: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:16 am

We played an unscheduled show last night at Rali's in Albuquerque. We walked into this club that was about half full of people. We were suppose to go on at 10 but were told that they added and extra band and we would be pushed back to 10:30. No problem! EXCEPT...the band that went on before us. They were a three piece metal band. Their bass player broke his hand and couldn't make the gig, but they played anyway. Their guitarist had stitches all up on his head where he had recently been laid out by a horse that kicked him. He basically played and couldn't move. Their drummer sang and, of course, played drums. Really, with all that going on, they should not have even played. They sounded horrific! They emptied the bar in their short half an hour set. Sheeeesssssh!

We still jammed and a few people wandered back in. Our set list was

Transgressor
One For All
Never
Iron Fist
Exonerate
Deathwish
Symphonic Extremities
Creeping Death
Mortal Stomp

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:51 am

crummy luck for you guys. at least the people who stuck around for your show got to leave on a high note.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 12:03 pm

Wow, what a shame. Local folks don't know what they're missing.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:37 pm

I would have been there. Makes me wish I was back in Albuquerque everytime I hear about Ultimatum play. Perhaps some day I will get to move back. Unfortunately I am not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:08 pm

That happens to us ALL the time Scott. We are pretty used to it though hahah
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:10 pm

Not a very smart choice to play when you`re in that condition fainting .
That band must have been desperate to get a gig...
Too bad for Ultimatum though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:47 pm

"Iron Fist" and "Creeping Death" in the set? Way cool! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:52 pm

If only I could get into bars...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Iron Fist" and "Creeping Death" in the set? Way cool! 🤘
'

Yup. Since we are working on a bunch of covers, we decided to throw a couple into the set. Probably will switch them out from gig to gig. We've done Creeping Death at the last few gigs. Time to retire that one for a while and bring out another new one.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:25 pm

was it a good cover cos i have heard some bad ones of creep
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:23 pm

TheGooch wrote:
was it a good cover cos i have heard some bad ones of creep

Guess you'll have to wait until we record it to hear for yourself.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:27 pm

i guess so. it will be better than bullet for my valentines version anyway cos they murdered it
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:30 pm

It will sound like Ultimatum. All the covers we are doing we are attempting to make them sound as if we wrote them ourselves. I really like how Iron Fist is sounding live. I think the next songs were are going to work on is "Armed & Ready" by MSG.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Iron Fist should be cool to hear as well actually
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Who does Iron Fist?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Rex wrote:
Who does Iron Fist?
Motorhead

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:02 pm

ah, thanks. No wonder I didn't recognize it.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Rex wrote:
ah, thanks. No wonder I didn't recognize it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:22 pm

I've heard that Creeping Death cover. It rules. 🤘
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:44 pm

Does Ultimatum, brings flyers to their shows?

Any thoughts about the new t-shirt design? I was thinking about a phrase for the back of the shirt. Maybe you put on the back of the shirt "We covered your band" or "A tribute to the Heavy Metal" or "Heavy Metal Anthems" 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:33 am

Yes, we hang flyers for our shows usually. However, this one we did not have time as it was a last minute gig.

Gotta admit, even though there was no one there, we did have a blast playing. It may also have opened up the door for us to play some other shows with the other bands on the bill that night as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
Yes, we hang flyers for our shows usually. However, this one we did not have time as it was a last minute gig.

Gotta admit, even though there was no one there, we did have a blast playing. It may also have opened up the door for us to play some other shows with the other bands on the bill that night as well.

What the hell is wrong with US metal fans?
You would draw a larger crowd than that in any deserted village in Europe. It`s not like you don`t have enough people over there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 11:38 am

Olafsto wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

What the hell is wrong with US metal fans?
You would draw a larger crowd than that in any deserted village in Europe. It`s not like you don`t have enough people over there!
You know how it is. Most of the rockers on America are into MTV stuff.

But I am sure Flyers help the band to get to be known by metalheads from the area
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:39 pm

We took a gig on short notice, I won't do that anymore unless we're to be added to a festival or something like that. Let's hope your next gig is better, I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Hanging flyers is a painstaking thing because I do it. I flyer the club, the cars, the local music stores, and I send out myspace bulletins and e-mail invites. I have also done the Text announcements and even all that doesn't bring in enough peeps sometimes. Albuquerque is a very fickle town they will come out of the woodworks for a Megadeth show or Dio and pack a 25,000 seat arena pay 100.00 for a ticket and 40.00 for a T shirt and 10.00 for a beer and we have a show with 5 bands free and on a sat night and they wont come. We do great out of town but here its slim pickins. Unless were playing some well advertised metalfest here with a some of the other better known local bands, its hard to say whats gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum...last night's set.   Ultimatum...last night's set. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimatum...last night's set.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next