Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demiricous - One (Hellbound)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Empty
PostSubject: Demiricous - One (Hellbound)   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 10:17 pm

Anyone heard this release? Oh my crap!! I assumed it couldn't be all that good, cause it was released recently, but this is full on intense thrash! Maybe a mix of Slayer and The Crown, and King's Evil.

Highly recommended to all thrashers!!

ack
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Demiricous - One (Hellbound)   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:18 am

yeah there is alot of The Crown in their sound. it's pretty decent stuff.

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Demiricous - One (Hellbound)   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:25 am

I had some preconceived bias against Demiricous for some unknown reason. What happened is that I had taped the album, but didn't label it. So I was listening to this unknown cassette in my car and was just blown away, and had no idea who it was. For some reason I was thinking Torture - Storm Alert (another CD I have but haven't listened to much yet). So I looked up "hellraiser thrash" on Google when I got home and found out who it was.

When I first heard The Crown - Deathrace King I was also blown away! Funny thing, though. I tried other Crown albums (pre and post Deathrace King) but never liked any of them as much.

ack
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Demiricous - One (Hellbound)   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:30 am

oh man.. Hell Is Here is my fave The Crown. kick*ss stuff.

i downloaded Demiricous & immedietly thought of The Crown. mostly their Possessed 13 album.

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Demiricous - One (Hellbound)   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 4:31 am

Yeah, it's pretty good album, one of the best new US thrash bands in years! Also did a interview with them ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Two-Poverty   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 7:10 pm

Ordered the second album today (Two-Poverty), so I downloaded it to check it out.

I wasn't so sure at first because Nate Olp's vocals are different on this one. The big reason I loved their first album was because it sounded like Slayer with Jeff Walker from Carcass on vocals. What a great mix! But on this album Mr. Olp is shouting more, which initally made me think of hardcore vocals ala Ringworm or Integrity. But upon hearing the whole album, the new sound works well.
As for the music, it sounds like Demiricous has come into their own. This album is in your face metal madness from beginning to end. That is, except for their cover of Skid Row's "I'll Remember You".
OK I made that last part up. Smile
As One-Hellbound was one of the best releases of 2005, Two-Poverty is one of this year's best. You MUST pick it up....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Demiricous - One (Hellbound)   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 12:53 am

the new one is a bit more groovy than the first one, which was total Slayer worship with raspy vox. it's still a great listen though.

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Demiricous - One (Hellbound)   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 1:50 pm

I've heard them on XM & have been meaning to check them out, more thrash is always good!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Demiricous - One (Hellbound)   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 2:45 pm

Caught them live last year with Dismember, Grave and Vital Remains.They were really good that night. I want to get their cds but end up getting other discs I want more. So many good cds, so little cash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demiricous - One (Hellbound)   Demiricous - One (Hellbound) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demiricous - One (Hellbound)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: