Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nail, metal!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Nail, metal! Empty
PostSubject: Nail, metal!   Nail, metal! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Well this is something I really like this kinda different with the male/female vocals mixed in I really like this!

http://www.myspace.com/nailtheband

NAIL is the brainchild of Rainer (Rhino) and Cindy Wiechmann. Both recent former members of Canadian multi-platinum selling recording artists “Helix”, their 2006 departure from that band paved the way for a fresh start with a different sound and direction.

Perhaps best categorized as “progressive metal”, their sound has been compared to everything from Rush-influenced to containing elements of Ozzy and Tool…although it is safer to say that Nail sounds like….Nail!

The lineup consists of Rainer & Cindy Wiechmann, Dale Penney (drums), and Darcy Maudsley ( bass).

All long-time veterans of headlining as well as support acts, the initial focus was on the writing & recording of the album. With the recent addition of bassist Darcy Maudsley rounding out the 4- piece “live” lineup, Nail is currently in rehearsal for upcoming live dates to support the album.

Apart from “NAIL” Rainer also has numerous production credits to his resume, having produced past albums for Canadian metal/rock groups such as Blood of Christ, Helix, Thine Eyes Bleed, as well as pre-production sessions for the last 2 releases from Kittie.

The album has been met with positive reviews since its release late Oct 2007, even making the list as one of Sweden Rock Magazine’s picks for top 10 albums of 2007 (Dec ’07 issue).

The Swedish fanbase is certainly partly due to the 2005 Sweden Rock Festival inclusion of Helix on the festival bill, performing to 20,000+ fans.

Consequently, although Canadian-based, the band has been focusing on European markets, since female-fronted metal groups generally are more commonly accepted outside of North-America. Since the release, the album has been receiving airplay on several UK stations, along with some exposure in Canadian and US markets.

The debut album is currently available through the band’s website www.nailband.com, as well as downloadable in whole or in part from www.melodicdownloads.com.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Nail, metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nail, metal!   Nail, metal! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:10 pm

thanks for the heads up, right on man !
Back to top Go down

Nail, metal!
Page 1 of 1