Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ELO

Go down 
+9
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
manny
spiritoradio
the sentinel
exact33
Tall Tyrion
SAHB Healer
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

ELO Empty
PostSubject: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:17 pm

I like just about everything they ever did to be honest. And their previous incarnation as "The Move" actually featured some pretty loud and creative rock after 1970 or so. Got Bev Bevan ready for his stint in Sabbath.
ELO is one of those very rare bands in which I never got sick of all their radio hits. I'm not sure I could say that about any other band.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Good, but spotty. Some songs are just too disco for me, but when they were on, it was golden. 🤘
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:55 pm

I love ELO's radio stuff. I got one of the greatest hits comps and it is never far from my player!

Alex

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 pm

I have their Anthology too, I'll spin their disc's now and then too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:45 pm

I love these guys. I have been building my ELO collection on cd the last year or so. Favorite album: Face the Music. I agree about the radio hits; in fact, I don't think we here them enough. Peace.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I agree about the radio hits; in fact, I don't think we here them enough. Peace.

Even "Evil Woman"? I love ELO a lot unfortunately I only have one cd of theirs, Strange Magic; The Best of Electric Light Orchestra. It's a two disc "the only album you'll ever need by them" type. I need to get started on their catalogue though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Never cared for ELO but The Move was very cool, especially their " Shazam" album.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:43 am

i have a lot of electric light orchestra vinyl used to spin it a lot but dont anymore
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:18 am

ELO Emo-philips-blindfold-refused

Oh, sorry. E-L-O. I thought this was another EMO thread.
Back to top Go down

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:22 am

Good job, jackass.

You see that owl
<------ over there? He's starin' at YOU!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:09 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
I agree about the radio hits; in fact, I don't think we here them enough. Peace.

Even "Evil Woman"? I love ELO a lot unfortunately I only have one cd of theirs, Strange Magic; The Best of Electric Light Orchestra. It's a two disc "the only album you'll ever need by them" type. I need to get started on their catalogue though.

I agree with the CD you just mentioned...I have the same one. It's got pretty much everything on it. This album seems to be going for a pretty penny these days. When I've looked for this album on Amazon it seems to be pretty expensive. I'm not sure if it's out of print???

Kind of a cool little bit of trivia regarding ELO. It was once stated I believe by John Lennon that if the Beatles would have ever gotten back together (in the mid/late 70's) that they would've aimed for a sound similar to that of ELO. I guess they were quite the fans of the band.

I would say my favorite song is probably "Do Ya", though "Evil Woman", and "Strange Magic" are right up there as well!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:19 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

I agree with the CD you just mentioned...I have the same one. It's got pretty much everything on it. This album seems to be going for a pretty penny these days. When I've looked for this album on Amazon it seems to be pretty expensive. I'm not sure if it's out of print???

Kind of a cool little bit of trivia regarding ELO. It was once stated I believe by John Lennon that if the Beatles would have ever gotten back together (in the mid/late 70's) that they would've aimed for a sound similar to that of ELO. I guess they were quite the fans of the band.

I would say my favorite song is probably "Do Ya", though "Evil Woman", and "Strange Magic" are right up there as well!

Hmm. Interesting. I was thinking something similar today when I heard Mccartney and Wings on satellite radio. Peace.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:35 pm

I really like these guys. Do Ya is a great song among many others. A New World Record was agreat album.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 7:38 pm

I like the old prog rock stuff. "Fire On High" was a good one too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:23 am

Any of you other old timers remember when "Fire On High" was the theme song for CBS Sports Spectacular?

Favorite song though is Do Ya.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 am

Now that I think about it, Fire On High was also the subject of some controversy because of the backmasking at the beginning. If I remember correctly from my vinyl days, if you spun the record backwards, it said something like "The music is reversible. Turn back, turn back..."

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:39 am

They got that BeeGee's thing going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ELO Empty
PostSubject: Re: ELO   ELO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ELO