Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hangmen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Hangmen Empty
PostSubject: The Hangmen   The Hangmen Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:42 am

The Hangmen Cover

Now i wasn't there but this little record from 1989 must of been a lightening rod amongst the rock n' roll underground.....just ask members of L7, Social Distortian and the Supersuckers!

Despite being on Capitol records, coverage in the Metal rags of the day and having their record produced by Vic Maile (Ace Of Spades, Live At Leeds) they never caught on, anyway....

Despite their Los Angeles residence and bandana'd sleazy demeanour they were in fact miles away from the LA rock scene populated by thousands of hairspray poofters and sleazy rock dogs trying to keep it real and street in the wake of Guns N' Roses surprise success.

They were more from the other side of the tracks musically speaking laying waste to brain cells in squalid celebration of real rock n' roll with more like minded musical partners in crime the Joneses, Tex And The Horseheads, The Gun Club etc.

This is a totally rippin' sleazy hard rock glam blues punk n' roll record that brings to mind everyone from Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers, The Gun Club, The Stooges, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper Band etc.

You could say the only other bands doing this at the time were the Rock City Angels and the Sea Hags.....in fact you could say the Hangmen and the Sea Hags were seperated at birth, only since the Hags were more fixated on primo 70's Aerosmith and the Hangmen were more buried in the Stooges dirt!

They actually got signed by Geffen in the early 90's after being dropped by Capitol and had a record in the can that was produced by Rob Younger or the legendary Aussie rock n' roll band Radio Birdman.....but once again as Geffen had a habit of sabotaging their own bands (see Geffen curse) it never got released to remain in Geffen's vault's forever.

Out of nowhere in the early 2000's, Bryan Small and his Hangmen starting releasing great records thanks to Mike Ness and are one of America's greatest rock n' roll bands at the moment.

The Hangmen - Rotten Sunday 1989 promo

The Hangmen Myspace

www.myspace.com/theehangmen
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The Hangmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hangmen   The Hangmen Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 am

HANGMEN are a Shiney fave...and everything you said is true...

Smalls snotty nasal vocals...the glitter and dogsh*t sound of the guitars...the over all YES this IS rock & Roll...attitude.

Why they were'nt huge I shall never know...When I was young and in a band we covered "Rotten Sunday"...

Then we also covered "Christmas Vacation" by DESCENDENTS and "Love Song" by THE CURE and "Nile SOng" by PINK FLOYD...guess we were weird...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Hangmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hangmen   The Hangmen Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:57 am

I remember owning this disc way back in the day, but nothing from it. And now that disc is long gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hangmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hangmen   The Hangmen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hangmen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: