Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has this ever happened to anybody here?

Go down 
+3
Tall Tyrion
mc666
DeathCult
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Has this ever happened to anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:59 pm

So I've been looking for old friends back where I grew up in western NY state. Not too much luck at all, but really only looking for certain few people anyways. I finally found one onb myspace. So I send him a friend request and a message. Completely ignores me. We never had a single fight or anything, and I remember him being the first person to ever make fun of me and it was a joke. Just like I do now all the time. Just really weird.

Has this ever happended to anybody else here?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:02 pm

Trying to find old friends, or finding them and being ignored?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:13 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Trying to find old friends, or finding them and being ignored?

Being ignored.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:15 pm

Yep, I dont understand it either, but its happened to me a few times.

Maybe we're just that much of bastards?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:15 pm

We know you are. I'm like a cloud over a warm Georgia day.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:16 pm

people move on. not everyone wants to relive old memories or rekindle old friendships. some people prefer to leave it in the past. don't hold it against him, just let it go.

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:16 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:

A cloud full of piss. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:17 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:

You spray weak piss on everyone? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:17 pm

mc666 wrote:
people move on. not everyone wants to relive old memories or rekindle old friendships. some people prefer to leave it in the past. don't hold it against him, just let it go.

I wouldn't hold it against him. I'm the kind who has moved on. Just I thought he would be the last person to do that to me. It's all good though.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:18 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:

Imbred and drunk? scratch
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:19 pm

mc666 wrote:

I honestly could care less, but I figured Idve at least gotten a hello.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:45 am

I've always gotten replies, but most of them have been just to tell me to piss off at length. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:00 am

mc666 wrote:
I agree here. There have been certain people that I've ignored, people that I was technically friends with. But when 15 years go by, sometimes there isn't a desire to reconnect. I don't know how to explain it, but it's just something. There are plenty of people that I have responded to, but there are some that I just ignored, for whatever reason.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:50 am

Unfortunately I'm not super hard to miss when out somewhere so it always seems like there's someone from somewhere who knows me, and it's embarrassing because I never have any clue who they are at all. The only times I do is when it's someone from school a long time ago, which is always strangely awkward, and I tend to have kind of a large aversion to extreme awkwardness, so I end up standing there wanting to put my face in acid.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:05 am

Could it be that maybe they don't check their myspace anymore?

Only time I had something like this was a guy, who I wasn't close friends with, had a blurb in the alumni newsletter about some award he had gotten. He all but was begging for old classmates to get in touch with him - gave an email and everything. I always thought he was cool, so I dropped him a congratulations and how's everything. Heard nothing back. Oh well.

I find it funny for myself how nostalgic I've become for people from my past.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 am

I am one that has moved on, one of my best friends from junior high and high school lives within three miles of me now and we don't talk. I ran into him at Target we said everything we could to each other in less than 5 minutes. I still like him, it is just that we have been swept into different directions in life with all it's distractions to be close friends anymore. Sad, but thats just the way it seems to be anymore. Who knows about the future but my guess is things will just get more distant as time passes.

I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of response, he probably only signed up on My Space to view someone's profile and forgot to check back into his later on, he may have even forgotten that he has a My Space page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:17 pm

I relate to this, there are times when I see someone I do know in a Mall across the country.
I move to say "hey,Hello! fancy seeing you here of all places....uh"...Then he keeps walking by and looks the other way. Weird awkward moment,no less. Hate that when it happens. I had coffee with a HS girl and another friend, funny how she ignored me in HS all that time. The coffee meet was like she was best friends,sharing stories an all. That was odd too.
I have a Facebook accn't, I added a friend on it. She deleted me 2 months later. People have their reasons for what they do. Asking them is somewhat a toss of the coin. You either feel twice as worse for it or get the truth and feel like an ass later. I 'd much rather avoid feeling dumb altogether if I can help it.
Or, you do send an email and hope for a reply and you wait more than enough time and realise later"That was a big waste of F'n TIME!" lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:24 pm

No, myspace tells you if the person has read your message, so the maybe he doesn't check his myspace page one doesn't work. Like I said, not a problem, just a bit weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened to anybody here?   Has this ever happened to anybody here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has this ever happened to anybody here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: