Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal from Eastern Europe....

Go down 
+5
krokus
UltraMagnus007
Lurideath
mc666
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Metal from Eastern Europe.... Empty
PostSubject: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:50 pm

I recently discover this band from Czech Republic, they sound pretty good In my opinion....
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=pxr5__vidig

How many bands do you know from eastern europe that plays Metal??...

Ops, sorry they are from Slovakia, I'm a little confused!... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:59 pm

First one that comes to mind for me is Vader (Poland)... I also vaguely remember another Polish band called Turbo.

I'm sure there are literally zillions of others but those are the first two off the top of my head.

Wait, wait...now that I think about it, there's an "Ultimatum" from Croatia too... I found them on YouTube a while ago when looking for videos from "our" Ultimatum... here they are... can't understand a word they're singing but the music is fairly rockin'...

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=okvkAK_4pp4

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Behemoth

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:07 pm

Hell-Born (Poland)
Vader(Poland)
Behemoth (Poland)
Kat (Poland)
Postmortem (Estonia)
Horrorscope (Poland)
Bloodthirst (Poland)
Root (Czech Republic)
Debustrol (Czech Republic)
Arakian (Czech Republic)
Skyforger (Latvia)
Obtest (Lithuania)
Cyborg (Romania)
Master (Czech Republic)
Aria (Russia)
Merlin (Russia)
Mental Home (Russia)
Mortifier (Russia)
Shah (Russia)
Manic Depression (Russia)
Korrozia Metalla (Russia)
Korrozia Metalla
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 pm

As Shannon points out, there are a ton, but I will add one forgotten gem:

Editor! Killer thrash from Slovakia
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:21 pm

sorry but russia isn't eastern europe...and slovakia, slovenia, hungary etc are central europe....perhaps the thread should change to ex-eastern block, or metal beside the iron curtain etc.....
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 pm

One of my favourite bands of recent years is a prog metal band called Riverside from Poland. Great band.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:56 pm

syrus wrote:
sorry but russia isn't eastern europe...and slovakia, slovenia, hungary etc are central europe....perhaps the thread should change to ex-eastern block, or metal beside the iron curtain etc.....

What is the european part of russia then if its not in eastern europe???? You are rights about HUNGARY and SLOVAKIA to be central european countries geografically but politically speaking they are referred to as eastern europe.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:59 pm

After teaching SYRUS some geografy lessons lol! i have to tell everybody that i love metal from EASTERN EUROPE(using the political term) like POKOLGEP, OMEN, STRESS, DRAGON, KAT, METAL LADY first album, OSSIAN, CITRON, ARAKAIN, TORR TURBO, and a very very long etc.....i exchanged records with people from all over EASTERN EUROPE in a far past. Spanish metal vinyls for metal vinyls from those countries and love to play them.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:16 pm

I have a feeling this thread is going to show how sucky our geography is real fast...

Poland is not eastern europe, I'm pretty sure its on the west. Anyways since were talking poland I have add Wolfspider and Acid Drinkers.

Mezarkabul from turkey and Master from Russia.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Stender wrote:
I have a feeling this thread is going to show how sucky our geography is real fast...

At least I have an excuse... last time I studied any geograpy was 20 years ago in high school, and half of the countries on the world map have changed their names since then...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Stender wrote:

Poland is not eastern europe, I'm pretty sure its on the west. Anyways since were talking poland I have add Wolfspider and Acid Drinkers.

Mezarkabul from turkey and Master from Russia.

POLAND is a eastern europe country, its in the east next to ex-east-germany.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:14 pm

krokus wrote:
After teaching SYRUS some geografy lessons lol! i have to tell everybody that i love metal from EASTERN EUROPE(using the political term) like POKOLGEP, OMEN, STRESS, DRAGON, KAT, METAL LADY first album, OSSIAN, CITRON, ARAKAIN, TORR TURBO, and a very very long etc.....i exchanged records with people from all over EASTERN EUROPE in a far past. Spanish metal vinyls for metal vinyls from those countries and love to play them.

no actually you didn't teach nothing. eastern europe is a geographical term. "eastern block" is the term that used for countries under the influence of soviet union.ya know, yalta conference, marshall plan etc.....as for russia, again "eastern europe" is a very limited one. for example my favorite russian bands from st.petersburg aren't "eastern europe"....and for the same reason moscow isn't "eastern europe".....east european countries are greece, romania,bulgaria etc...but enough with geography...the best way is to tell some bands from different countries of the ex eastern block...

hungary: ossian,pokolgep, omen, kalapacs, distalis, classica(especially their demotape 95 "pieces"),stress, tamas, tamas czekeres etc

albania: thunder way

russia: scoraya pomosch, alexander nevskiy/novy zavet(their first 2)/sabotage, aria, black cofee, magnit, monomah

lithuania: katedra(their first lp: mors ultima ratio)

bulgaria: er malak, axat, impulse

czech rebublic: feta, amper, titanic, vitacit, puls, mirage, ales brichta(his first one), sifon(their first one), metal jan, kreyson, kern(their od narozeni lp)

etc
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Merlin (Russia)
one of my favorite bands.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

At least I have an excuse... last time I studied any geograpy was 20 years ago in high school, and half of the countries on the world map have changed their names since then...

More educated then me man, out of the entire 4 yrs of my highschool career I never had a geography class. The only knowledge I have of that stuff is the very small coverage from history classes in middle and elementery school.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Mechanical Poet (prog) from Russia.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:13 pm

Decapitated and Vader from Poland.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Stender wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

More educated then me man, out of the entire 4 yrs of my highschool career I never had a geography class. The only knowledge I have of that stuff is the very small coverage from history classes in middle and elementery school.

Haha, back in the day learning the European map was easy. Three quarters of it was just a big mass called "U.S.S.R." -- now that's broken up into God knows how many independent republics/countries/kingdoms/fiefdoms, etc.

I dread the day my son comes home from school and asks me for help with his geography homework. I'll go "Ask your Mom."

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 7:56 pm

Tried to avoid mentioning that have previously been said:

Terminator (Czech Republic)
Atomic (Czech Republic)
Crionic (Czech Republic)
Section Brain (Czech Republic)
Ferat (Czech Republic)
Kryptor (Czech Republic)
Sarcasm (Slovenia)
Bombarder (Bosnia)
Drinking Skull (Croatia)
Gladiator (Slovakia)
Hämmer (Poland)
Alastor (Poland)
Astharoth (Poland)
Destroyers (Poland)
Geisha Goner (Poland)
Magnus (Poland)
Necrophobic (Poland)
Ravenous (Austria)
Typhoon (Austria)

So yah, there are one or two bands from that part of the world...

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

Haha, back in the day learning the European map was easy. Three quarters of it was just a big mass called "U.S.S.R." -- now that's broken up into God knows how many independent republics/countries/kingdoms/fiefdoms, etc.

I dread the day my son comes home from school and asks me for help with his geography homework. I'll go "Ask your Mom."

Ah...pulling the ol' "go ask your mom" card...nice. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal from Eastern Europe....   Metal from Eastern Europe.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal from Eastern Europe....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: