Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

L7

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

L7 Empty
PostSubject: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNs-TBnTW68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-NNitijboI

Any fans of this 90s all-girl grunge/punk band? They were like the anti-Vixen... they were all uglier than hell but man, they could whoop some a$$. Dusted off 1992's BRICKS ARE HEAVY for the first time in a while today and it still holds up well today. The preceding SMELL THE MAGIC album on Sub Pop is a good one too. They lost me around 93's HUNGRY FOR STINK disc (other than the track "Andres" there wasn't much to recommend on that one) but the other two still get pretty major spins round my house.

Thoughts?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:02 am

I had their debut and Bricks back in the day. Haven't heard them in years, but I dug 'em alot in the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:04 am

I agree with your statement, saw them live during the height of the grunge era, better live than in the studio, and these gals definitley were not hot!! " Bricks are Heavy" great album that is never mentioned when great albums of the 90's is brought up, maybe they were seen as a also ran to Hole, personally I do like the band Hole but L7 were better.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:08 am

Never got to see L7 live but I've heard they were way better live than on record. My friend and I tried to catch'em years ago (BRICKS ARE HEAVY era) at Maxwell's in Hoboken, NJ when they played there as part of the New Music Seminar or whatever it was called... but that place was so tiny that it sold out in about thirty seconds... oh well. We ended up spending the evening doing the Hoboken pub crawl so it wasn't a total loss. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:34 am

Is this the girl band that had a contest where a L7 4782 lucky L7 4782 fan got to sleep with them?

No
Back to top Go down

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:38 am

Yes that is the band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:41 am

Yup, it's also the band whose lead singer removed her tampon while onstage and threw it into a hostile festival crowd, saying "Here, eat my dead uterus, you a$$holes"

What a classy bunch of gals. Laughing

Back to top Go down

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:43 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Is this the girl band that had a contest where a L7 4782 lucky L7 4782 fan got to sleep with them?

No
Yeah. Haha. This is also the band whose singer pulled out a used tampon (like out of the you-know) and threw it into the crowd! Laughing very hard I thought some of the chicks were cute, in a disgusting gutter-rat way.

Anyway, I ripped all their discs a couple weeks ago. I really dig this band. They sort of dipped on The Beauty Process, and then even further on Slap-Happy, but through Hungry For Stink they were awesome.

Ever heard the Live from Osaka album, or whatever it's called? Horrible. It's about neck and neck with Helstar's live album in terms of quality.
Back to top Go down

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yup, it's also the band whose lead singer removed her tampon while onstage and threw it into a hostile festival crowd, saying "Here, eat my dead uterus, you a$$holes"

What a classy bunch of gals. Laughing
I should probably read the entire thread before posting, huh? I forgot about the quote. Great stuff!

I remember Dog Fashion Disco toured with Twiztid (from the ICP stable) and the crowd was not into them. So the singer got a box, squatted on stage and took a dump into it, then threw it into the crowd.

Causing a riot. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

L7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: L7   L7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

L7
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: