Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Required Fields
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Empty
PostSubject: Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town   Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:14 pm

CANBERRA - A plea for lovelorn female "ugly ducklings" to move to a remote Australian mining town to reverse a shortage of eligible women has landed the local mayor in hot water.

Mount Isa Mayor John Molony was refusing to apologize on Monday for angering local women with a suggestion that "with five blokes to every girl, may I suggest that beauty-disadvantaged women should proceed to Mount Isa," in north-west Queensland state.

"Quite often you will see walking down the street a lass who is not so attractive with a wide smile on her face. Whether it is recollection of something previous or anticipation for the next evening, there is a degree of happiness," Molony told the Townsville Bulletin newspaper last week.

"Some, in other places in Australia, need to proceed to Mount Isa, where happiness awaits. Really, beauty is only skin deep. Isn't there a fairy tale about an ugly duckling that evolves into a beautiful swan?" Molony said.

The mayor said he was "telling it like it is" in a testosterone-laden town more famous for cowboys and mining lead, silver, copper and zinc than for match-making, sitting atop one of the world's biggest underground mines.

"I'm a bloke who respects women. I believe we should look after women. I'm told men outnumber women here by five to one. If that's the case, then perhaps it's an opportunity for some lonely women," Molony said.

Fellow council members and the local chamber of commerce said they had been swamped with phone calls from both women and men complaining about the mayor's remarks.

"It paints the women here as second rate and suggests the men will settle for anything. I think it's quite disgusting," Mount Isa domestic violence worker Shirley Slann told the Courier Mail newspaper Monday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town   Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:18 pm

That's funny. I like the term "beauty-disadvantaged".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town   Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:31 pm

While a good 95% of what the media and people in general consider 'unattractive' is not, and is pretty dishonorable to constantly attack a woman's image with....

Quote :
men will settle for anything.

this IS a true statement.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town   Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:35 pm

that's pretty funny,

pun
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town   Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:40 am

I have heard somthing like this before.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town   Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:26 pm

All ugly people should be shipped off to an island somewhere and leave us beautiful people alone.

Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Smile10
On second thought, scratch that!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town   Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:18 pm

DB, you are too funny, man!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town   Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Australian mayor asks unattractive women to move to his town
Page 1 of 1