Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fugazi

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Fugazi Empty
PostSubject: Fugazi   Fugazi Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:41 am

I saw no thread on Fugazi so I thought I would start one, I as stated in an earlier thread I pulled out an old VHS tapes and one had VH1 100 greatest hard rock artist, these guys made it at #95, saw them live once in late 80's or earlier 90's for only $5 at The Ritz in Ybor, great live band, leaders of the so called "straight edge movement", what are your thoughts? One of more song oriented bands of hardcore, if the term existed during the lifetime of the band they would have been branded as such, as least as term was meant to be applied as opposed to what term means today, anyway any fans out there and what are thoughts pro or con
Back to top Go down

Fugazi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fugazi   Fugazi Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:54 pm

Believe it or not, I've always saw Fugazi as a true post-hardcore emo band. That term meant something very different back then, so don't read it in the context of what it means today. Either way, Fugazi is one of my all-time favorites. They blow Minor Threat away, if you ask me. Killer stuff. I just wish they'd do something new at some point. =(
Back to top Go down

Fugazi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fugazi   Fugazi Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Eyesore is right, they are a post-hardcore emo band, I personally love em, and I love Minor Threat too of course!... Smile
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Fugazi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fugazi   Fugazi Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:26 pm

I dig THREAT but really dig FUGAZI...at least everything until 'In On The Killtaker"
They changed their sound abit got noisier or something from there out..and sort of lost me....But "Repeater", killer!!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Fugazi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fugazi   Fugazi Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:42 am

Fugazi's first two eps, which were released as the "13 songs" cd, were nothing short of amazing. Repeater as well, but after that they were kind of spotty. I've always just thought of them as a punk band with a bit better songcraft.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Fugazi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fugazi   Fugazi Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:10 pm

Steady Diet Of Nothing was always the one I liked best. For me everything till Red Medicine was great. After that I lost interest.

But you couldn't beat their concert prices. They played a lot of free shows in the area. Somewhere I have a cool shirt of theirs that I used to wear all the time.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Fugazi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fugazi   Fugazi Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Ive been listening to 13 songs all week. I agree about fugazi being better than minor threat.

This is my favorate song.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fugazi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fugazi   Fugazi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fugazi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: