Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BAPHOMET(USA)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

BAPHOMET(USA) Empty
PostSubject: BAPHOMET(USA)   BAPHOMET(USA) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:21 am

Any fan of this band???? I love their THE DEAD SHALL INHERIT(1992) album. A classic death metal cd that all old school maniacs should own.
Just now i bought DELIVER ME UNTO PAIN (1994)from BANISHED. Its the same band as BAPHOMET but with a different name. Its not a bad album but THE DEAD SHALL INHERIT is far better.
Back to top Go down

BAPHOMET(USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAPHOMET(USA)   BAPHOMET(USA) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:10 am

The German Baphomet kicks Buffalo's Baphomets ass! Of course, I am more of a thrash guy.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

BAPHOMET(USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAPHOMET(USA)   BAPHOMET(USA) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:55 am

I dont know the german BAPHOMET but that was the reason the US BAPHOMET changed their name into BANISHED i think. I like thrash metal more too but THE DEAD SHALL INHERIT is just increible in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

BAPHOMET(USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAPHOMET(USA)   BAPHOMET(USA) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:12 am

If you can find "No Answers", snag it. Great album. Latest Jesus is Ok as is Trust. But Sideshow will tell you Trust is one of the best thrash albums ever. You can find that for about 1 euro, most anywhere. Speaking of the German band, obviously.

And The Dead Shall Inherit is a pretty good album. I don't like much death, but I do spin that one, next to the old Obituary, Death, Six Feet Under, etc.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

BAPHOMET(USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAPHOMET(USA)   BAPHOMET(USA) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:18 pm

I have Trust by the German band, but would likely avoid the US band, as it is death metal.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

BAPHOMET(USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAPHOMET(USA)   BAPHOMET(USA) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:40 pm

Agreed, the Baphomet album is solid NY Death metal but the Banished album is very weak, and this is coming from someone who is very forgiving of cheese in Death metal.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

BAPHOMET(USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAPHOMET(USA)   BAPHOMET(USA) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:17 pm

TDSI was a great release back in the day, sort of a classic as the genre was really just starting to roll. Has anyone heard Inheritors Of Death, I just missed this one at radio-TJ
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

BAPHOMET(USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAPHOMET(USA)   BAPHOMET(USA) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:44 pm

Yah, if you like thrash, UncleSax in spot on with the German Baphomet. No Answers is just vicious. Latest Jesus is relentless in it's mid-paced, bruising approach. Trust mixes the two albums well, with some full-bore thrashing and mid-paced stomping.

You should be able to find Latest Jesus for about 10 Euros or so (maybe SLIGHTLY more) and Trust can be found in abundance cheaply. No Answers is quite hard to get, as it was the first release on Massacre Records (one of the members of Baphomet is actually the founder of said label).

As for the band in question, I've not heard them (though I've known OF them for years). If it's old-school death metal in the early Obituary, Cancer, Massacre, etc vein then I'll probably like it. I don't like a lot of death metal, but do find some of it quite enjoyable.

BAPHOMET(USA) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAPHOMET(USA)   BAPHOMET(USA) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAPHOMET(USA)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: