Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) Empty
PostSubject: MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)   MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:17 am

I don't know what to really classify this group under, as they have some "metal riffage" in their songs. I hear they put on a really cool show, with people trading clothes and all the lights. Yes. Lights. Most of their stuff is labeled punk or techno-ish. I really dig them though. Have a listen:

Here's a cool cover version of Rush's Tom Sawyer too:

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)   MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 am

I love MSI..they are just too f';ed up...
though I must say "Frankenstein Girls...." is their best (imo)

And you my friend earned 1000 coolness points for your KOFFIN KATS avatar...

PostSubject: Re: MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)   MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 pm

Huge MSI fan. I found Tight in a used bin at Nuggets for $2 way back when it came out. The damn thing sells for over $100 on eBay now. I sure as hell wish I could find more $2 copies that I could sell! Haha.

Anyway, I love the band. I'm missing their pre-Tight albums, and a remix EP or two, but they rule.

By the way, Shiney, If will be going out to you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)   MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Coolness...My mailbox has been longing for packages lately...

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)   MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Ah. I have yet to pick up any of their stuff, but a lot of my hardcore punk friends listen to their songs all the time. I got into them by listening to "Stupid MF" in the car 1000 times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)   MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 1:01 am

They're a very unique band, that's for sure. I thought the singer was a chick when I first heard them. Haha.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)   MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:55 pm

timestamp 1:50 in the first video.

I crack up every time I see that Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence)   MSI (Mindless Self Indulgence) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: