Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Her mom would not approve!

Go down 
+10
Tall Tyrion
Thrasher73
Shiney
Hamer12
mc666
the sentinel
James B.
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
14 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Her mom would not approve! Empty
PostSubject: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:22 pm

We have a nice Zoo in Abilene. So, we went yesterday. I like to go at 9:00 sharp as it's still cool and not so crowded. At the front entrance there's a gate that rises as it opens.

We got to the gate just as it was starting to go up. Imagine my surprise when my 5 year old stands in front of the gate, raises her arms in the air and chants/sings "Mystic power rising from the ground!" Shocked Shocked Shocked Lyrics to a Spellblast song - Goblins' Dance! I laughed and said "What?" I only thought to myself "Don't let your Mother hear you say that".

Kids really do say the darndest things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:25 pm

Your kids are the coolest, scott. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:33 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Your kids are the coolest, scott. Smile

No kidding!

I could count on one hand the number of children who even know of Spellblast; much less those who could quote them at an a propro time.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:43 pm

It's really not fair to their Mom and a function of spending the days with me. My schedule means we're together all day while Mom is at work. Mom gone = Metal all day!

You know, I'm riding this wave. Someday they'll get smart and realize I'm just a goofy balding guy. Very Happy

Quote :
much less those who could quote them at an a propro time.

That's the interesting thing I've noticed with kids (all of them, I'm realizing)....how different even siblings can be. The 8 year old would never think like that. 8 year old = artsy and sensitive. 5 year old = wild and logical. The 8 year old is forever asking us questions that the 5 year old answers! Can't see the forest type deal with that one....much prayer goes up for her and her lack of sense.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:02 pm

lol!

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:26 pm

that is sweet and not in an alternate lifestyle type of way
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:36 pm

🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:20 pm

it would be cooler if she wasn't quoting fancy folk metal bands. buy her some Behemoth for her next birthday. her mother would be proud.

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:17 am

I had my kids & my 2 nephews out in the boat yesterday & they started singing Primus's John the Fisherman unprovoked. They knew every word. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:18 am

That's awesome....Worry not, Bro..We are training our children right.... lol!

I'll never forget the parent teacher conference from 2 years ago when X's teacher told us she had to make him sit out recess for being "too passionat" in an argument with another student.

The argument: X had on an ALICE COOPER shirt and this kid told him he should listen to GREEN DAY, they're punk rock, you'd like 'em" says this kid.
X wrinkles up his nose and say GREEN DAY are not punk rock..they're pop punk for teenyboppers, you wat to listen to punk rock get some RAMONES or DEAD KNNEDYS"

I was so proud....but did have a discussion with the boy about tolerance and opinions....But he was 7 at the time...so....

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:36 am

Quote :
I had my kids & my 2 nephews out in the boat yesterday & they started singing Primus's John the Fisherman unprovoked.

Quote :
The argument: X had on an ALICE COOPER shirt and this kid told him he should listen to GREEN DAY, they're punk rock, you'd like 'em" says this kid.
X wrinkles up his nose and say GREEN DAY are not punk rock..they're pop punk for teenyboppers, you wat to listen to punk rock get some RAMONES or DEAD KNNEDYS"

Yes! In both cases that's awesome! The next generation must keep it alive!

Quote :
it would be cooler if she wasn't quoting fancy folk metal bands. buy her some Behemoth for her next birthday. her mother would be proud.

Aren't you 40 yet?? Razz
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:42 am

Cool stories guys!I'm trying to bring up my little girl in the ways of metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:12 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
We have a nice Zoo in Abilene. So, we went yesterday. I like to go at 9:00 sharp as it's still cool and not so crowded. At the front entrance there's a gate that rises as it opens.

We got to the gate just as it was starting to go up. Imagine my surprise when my 5 year old stands in front of the gate, raises her arms in the air and chants/sings "Mystic power rising from the ground!" Shocked Shocked Shocked Lyrics to a Spellblast song - Goblins' Dance! I laughed and said "What?" I only thought to myself "Don't let your Mother hear you say that".

Kids really do say the darndest things.
lol!

That is hilarious!

"She's a witch! BURN HER!"
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:47 am

Nice! Metal kids are the coolest!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Sweeeeet sense of timing

cant say i am familiar with stormblast
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 am

Awesome guys! I'm training my boys too. My concern isn't necessarily that they turn out metal, though they pretty much have Very Happy but that they make their own decisions about music and not go along with the MTV sheep! Pretty much a success, the older one is a metalhead; the younger one would tell you the Beatles are his favorite right now, though he enjoys some Iron Maiden and Dream Theater, too. No following the crowd around here!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:18 pm

Quote :
the older one is a metalhead; the younger one
would tell you the Beatles are his favorite right now, though he enjoys
some Iron Maiden and Dream Theater, too. No following the crowd around
here!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Awesome guys! I'm training my boys too. My concern isn't necessarily that they turn out metal, though they pretty much have Very Happy but that they make their own decisions about music and not go along with the MTV sheep! Pretty much a success, the older one is a metalhead; the younger one would tell you the Beatles are his favorite right now, though he enjoys some Iron Maiden and Dream Theater, too. No following the crowd around here!

Your kids rock! I love it.

🤘
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 pm

that's great, wonder what everyone else thought, you should have joined in

Take a chance
To join this dance
All that "is" will be revealed
Release your mind
And goblins, goblins all around!
Can't you see?
Everything is more clear
To me and to you
But don't forget
(We've) goblins, goblins all around

ah,father daughter bonding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:21 pm

Man that little anecdote has inspired me to one day have little metal children of my own

I could see it all ready dressing them up in Iron Maiden onsies lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Her mom would not approve!   Her mom would not approve! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Her mom would not approve!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: